Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I've found that when you dread most of your week, weekends go ridiculously fast. I cannot believe it is Sunday night already. My boys treated me to a nice Mother's Day, as usual. Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers, including my own mama and my stepmom and my mother-in-law!

I've been saving up some funny recent Elijah sayings:

I heard him counting the other day: ten, twenty, thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, seventy, eighty, ninety, ten-ty! :)

Yesterday:
"Wow, Mom, it sure is a nice, warm day out!"
"I agree!"
"You're not 'Guh-ree,' you're MAMA!"
"Oh yes, you are right, Elijah. I'm Mama."

Before dinner, I said a prayer and then asked Elijah what he was thankful for.
"Ummmmmmm.....LEMONS!"
"Ok! Thank you, Jesus, for lemons!"

With the talk of Mother's Day floating around, Elijah said,
"You're Elijah's mom!"
"I AM Elijah's mom! I'm Sammy's mom, too."
"No, you're not Sam's mom. Sam's mom is home sick."
"Hmmmmmm."

Something we've heard a few times recently:
"Daddy, what's on your chest?"
"Ummmm.."
"Daddy, you have hair on your chest?"
"Yes, yes I do, Elijah."
"Oh. Daddy have hair on chest."

And by the way, we have the snuggliest baby on the planet. I always thought Elijah was that baby, but Sammy? SNUGGLY!! I love it. We have been snuggling like crazy all weekend.

Dan is cooking me a Mother's Day meal (the second he's made me today), so I think I'll plop myself on the couch and read through my new cookbook while I take in the smells of dinner. xo

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

jencooper said...

That boy is a crack up!! I hope that your meal was fabulous!!