Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recoop

Here was Elijah's side of a phone conversation with my dad yesterday, after we had gotten home from the hospital:

"I went to hossa-pi-doh (hospital) wif mommy-daddy. Sammy went to Sandy's (daycare) and we went to hossa-pi-doh and I pwayed wif car castle and I cried a wittle bit in the big room (OR) and Daddy said, 'It's ok, E-ijah!' and he gived me medicine and I cried a wittle bit."

Awwwww.

Elijah woke up with dark circles under his eyes this morning, so he stayed home with Dan today to rest.

I need to come up with a formula for how long it takes to recover from hospital time. It would be something like..

For every 5 hours of time spent in the hospital, 10 hours of solid sleep is required in order to feel rested and 1 week must pass before emotions are stabilized.

We are looking forward to Elijah's appointment with Dr. K next week. We're hoping to form a plan and possibly get more answers (Thanks for the esophageal reflux comment, Mina! We'll look into that.).

A quick thing about Sammy...he has been really clingy lately. He does not tolerate being held, or looked at, by strangers ("strangers" = anyone besides Dan or me). If I walk into another room he cries and crawls after me and then pulls himself up on my legs so I will pick him up. He responds to touch way more than Elijah ever did and I would consider Elijah to be extremely snuggly! How did I get lucky enough to have TWO snuggly little boys? And don't tell Dan I said this, but he's pretty snuggly, too. :)

I think I'm through with this scatter-brained post. Thank you for checking in on our family!

3 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Lucky you! Two snuggly babies?! I was just telling Brad last night how sad I was that Field is NOT a snuggler. :( Love your formula for hospital recovery - so true! Is that recovery formula for the parents or the patient? I guess both! We always return absolutely exhausted from hospital visits.

Cecilia said...

Not two but three snuggly babies ... lol ... how lucky!

Jenna said...

Hi Elijah and Family
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Elijah is a brave courageous fighter and a real bright inspiration. That is great that you have two cuddily little boys.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com