Monday, June 13, 2011

OHS #3 day #4

Day 4 is done and it was overall a good one. We got rid of Elijah's oxygen (yay!) and the other line in his hand. The only things left to ditch are a handful of meds, his high blood pressure and his neck line. We kept his diet bland for the last half of the day and he didn't throw up after noon. We'll take it slow with the eating again tomorrow. If we can get his blood pressure under control, I can see us leaving here very soon. Every hour when his BP is taken, I stare at the monitor intently, think of home and pray!

Elijah was hilarious today. He had so many people laughing. He's such a little character. His nurse this morning asked me if he was having a reaction to a medication. Uhh, nope! He really talks this much! :)

Dan is home with Sammy tonight. It's hard for me to think about. I miss him so much. I know we have had pretty much the best case scenario for this surgery and recovery, but I still just want our family to be all together again. I feel incomplete when we all are not together. I miss that chubby little boy!

Elijah is drifting off to sleep next to me. I'm going to read for a bit and then head to bed myself on this delightful thing they call a bed.

Hourly blood pressure just taken...109/52. Still too high. Praying for better numbers tomorrow.

2 comments:

mina said...

Yay for a better day! I hope those blood pressure numbers cooperate so you can head home soon!

Cecilia said...

Will pray for the normal B/P numbers for Elijah.

Megan, take good care of yourself.

Lots of love and hugs from Cecilia & Paul xo