Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So long, hossa-pi-doh!

We are home. I'm in disbelief. The blood pressure discrepancy (the difference between pressures on E's arms and legs) has me feeling slightly uneasy, but we talked to a cardiologist before we left. She said the only reading that truly matters is the one from the arms. Because I'm crazy, I think I'll call Dr. G when he's back in town (he left us to go to Brazil) later this week to get his thoughts.

I have some thoughts brewing in my head, as always after a big surgery, but for now I will let the following photos from the past few days speak for themselves. Thank you, everyone, for the amazing support, whether through prayer or help with food or by visiting or writing or calling or reading this blog. THANK YOU. We feel incredibly loved and we are feeling so very grateful right now for all of you.



























7 comments:

Cecilia said...

Home sweet home, its always good to be home! Elijah looks fine!!!

You are not crazy, I think its a pretty good idea to call Dr. G when he's back to town.

Lots of love from Cecilia & Paul xoxo

Lisa Johnson said...

Yay! Good job guys! So happy for you. Field had REALLY high blood pressure after his surgery too and we are still on meds for it (Enalapril and Atenolol). We are so grateful because it is finally dropping and almost completely normal now (the top number is in the 80's and can't remember the bottom number, but we have always been more concerned with the top number). So don't lose hope. Sometimes it takes MONTHS for the pressures to normalize again.

Stefenie said...

Glad you are home! Love looking through all of the pics. Hey, did I see Jimmie Johns?? I LOVE that place and I only get to enjoy it when we are at the hospital since we don't have one close to home!

Praying for things to work out with his blood pressure.

jencooper said...

Woohoo!!!! I didn't get a chance to recheck the blog yesterday afternoon....and this is what I find out first thing this morning?? YEAHOO! I am so happy that you are all together in the comfort of your own home.

E managed to acquire quite a collection of balloons! I am impressed.

Anonymous said...

Woot, Woot!
Your little boy is simply amazing!
Home sweet home.
-Molly

The Smith's said...

I am so happy you guys are all home together! Elijah is just too amazing.

platform beds said...

wow your little boy is so cute.... thanks for sharing your memories...