Sunday, June 12, 2011

A visit from Sammy



I haven't said much about what Sammy has been up to for the past few days. Dan's mom has been gracious enough to watch him over the weekend. I miss him terribly. I keep reminding myself that I'm away from him for a very good reason, but it's still hard. I can't wait to have everyone back together in one spot...home!



Grandma and Sam stopped by for a quick visit yesterday. It was so good to see him. I hugged his chubbiness tightly until it was time for him to leave. I can't wait to see him again.



Elijah treated Sammy about like he usually does...he wasn't overly kind. And Sam, like usual, was curious about everything his brother was up to.



I love this sequence of photos where Sam goes in for Elijah's medical ID bracelet.



E was pretty patient for the first little while.



Sammy!



Elijah's exact words were, "SAMMY, NO SWOBBERING! NO EATING MINE BWACEWET!!"



Aahhh, brotherly love. I know that deep down, Elijah was happy to get a visit from his little bro.

Elijah is doing wonderfully tonight. He's napping right now. They've lowered his blood pressure meds so his BP has gone up a bit again. Pray for that to stay low! Everything else is looking great.

More tomorrow....thank you for checking in on us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot get over how GREAT Elijah looks! He is one tough little dude. Continued prayers coming your way.

Hugs,
the Yoders

Anonymous said...

So very glad to see those big brown eyes of your handsome little man. He has overcome so much and is so blessed to have such wonderful parents. I know your heart misses Sammy, but I bet he is have a blast with his grandma, while you are being a hero for Elijah. I know Logan makes me feel that way after a surgery or procedure. Seems mommy can make a lot better. Awning love and prayer your way. I know you will all be back under one roof soon.

Love,
Kayla and Logan

Kathy said...

i love the looks of those two boys together....those pictures are hilarious!

Elijah does look awesome! Hope they get that bp lowered soon...i bet they'll be talking discharge soon by how amazing he's doing!

mina said...

Elijah looks great! Hopefully it's just a matter of time before you are all back home as a family.

Victoria Nelson said...

gosh, elijah really is recovering well. what a blessing!
and your two boys are absolutely the cutest! love, love, love the chubby cheeks =)
much love and continued prayers,
victoria

Cecilia said...

Hopefully Elijah's BP will soon be back to normal.

Sammy must be hungry, eating Elijah's bracelet!!! Seriously cute!