Monday, May 5, 2014

Mishap Monday

I don't have Dan to talk to in the evenings after the boys are in bed, so I feel compelled to sign on and write! Sammy and I spent a day together while Elijah was at school (it was an "ok" day today...I'll take it). I rushed to get some photos edited this morning so we could stop by the post office on our way to the gym. Sammy and I walked up to the counter at the P.O. and...oh no. I realized I had left my purse at home. I loaded Sam back into the car and got into the driver's seat. Uhh, where are my keys?! Seriously, I...the most methodical OCD person when it comes to things I should be keeping track of...was suddenly without a purse AND keys?! I thought I was losing my mind! I quickly ran back into the P.O. and asked if anyone had seen keys lying around. I got a few strange/worried glances, as they had all just witnessed my missing purse saga. I went back to the car and Sammy was holding up my keys in front of his face. "Mommy! You told me to hold these!" Oh boy. I have relived the scene a hundred times today and I have no recollection of handing Sam my keys. The rest of the day took place without dementia precursors, so I'm chalking that strange 10 minutes up to a tired mama brain.

I bet you didn't know that babyporta.com was your source for field trip follies and tired mama mishaps! So happy to entertain!

Bringing Elijah to karate is one of the many things Dan takes care of each week. I took him to karate tonight for the first time in a long time and it was so much fun! His skills are coming along and he is working so hard. Granted, his attention wanders more than most, but he tries his best. Here's a cute pic I snapped of E and S afterward (I really tried to get Lamby out of the shot).


Here's a quick video of my silly boys enjoying the lovely outdoors..


I got called into work tomorrow and Wednesday, so I'll be doing the "scramble," as I call it. Get E on bus-get S to daycare-drive quickly down to Cannon Falls-work 5 hours-hurry home-get E off bus-get S from daycare-BREATHE. If Elijah has a "great" day tomorrow, we plan to visit a park after school that the boys having been just dying to go to for weeks. I hope it works out! Have a great night and thanks for putting up with my rambling (once Dan is home I won't be so annoying).

1 comment:

jencooper said...

LOVE those boys!! (and their Mama) Hang in there!! You can do it!!