Monday, July 21, 2008

Busy busy

We had a weekend packed with activities. I got tons of Elijah time and I loved it. Elijah and I spent most of the weekend at the dropzone, and Dan spent the entire weekend there. I was able to make two fun skydives on Saturday, and guess how many jumps Dan made over the weekend? 24! Go Dan!

We went to our good friend Doug's 40th surprise party on Saturday afternoon and Elijah flirted shamelessly with every single guest. Nothing unusual there! Yesterday was a BUSY, but really fun day. E and I met up with my friend Kris who I used to ski with a lot, and who I haven't seen in years, because he just had a baby boy. He's sooo adorable! I can't believe Elijah was once tinier than he is. It's hard to remember back that far. After that, we met my sister Lynn and two of her munchkins for lunch. I rushed Elijah home for a quick nap and then we loaded up again and met my friends Pam and Grant and their cute little Jetson at the MN zoo. They have grizzly bears right now and even though it was crazy busy, it was fun to watch them running around. Elijah's favorite thing was the fishies! I have a few pics that I will upload later tonight.

And today is my dad's 72nd birthday! Happy birthday, Dad. I love you! We can't wait to see you next weekend. Elijah is practicing saying "Grandpa" (which comes out "ba. ba." like everything else).

4 comments:

Samantha said...

OMG! I use to walk to the zoo from my house when I lived there...you were SO close to my old house! I am so happy you got a weekend filled with fun Elijah time...you deserve it! And wow Dan, 24 jumps! Amazing!

Much love,
Samantha

P.S. I know I owe you a really long email still, just did not have a minute of free time this weekend...I will get it to you soon :)

jencooper said...

Happy birthday Dad!!

Whew - I am tired just reading about your weekend. It sounds like you had an amazing time. One day I am going to come and make my first jump with Dan! That is something that I have ALWAYS wanted to do!!

Have a great week!!

<3,
Jennifer

Tina:0) said...

Sounds like you had a great time this weekend! Has Dan grown wings yet (lol)?!?!

We're going to an aquarium at the end of August & I can't wait to see Vaeh's reaction. She just loves the little fish tanks at Wal Mart, just imagine what she'll think when the fish are 5 times her size!

Can't wait to see the pics of that handsome little man! BTW - Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Anonymous said...

It was so fabulous to see you guys at the party on Saturday! Everyone loved Eli. My mom said he was even cuter in person, she simply adored E's flirting smile!! I wish I could have spent more time with him but did manage to get some of that flirtation directed my way! Doug and I will be at the DZ this weekend - hope to see you there!
Hugs,
Tammy