Monday, July 14, 2008

Vacation Part II (the normal part)



Once we got to the airport and absorbed everything that had just happened, we realized that it was true. We were really ON VACATION. Our flight was delayed, but that worked out perfectly because it gave us a chance to eat and have a margarita before getting on the plane. We had a fabulous time Thursday night once we got there. We met up with our friends Lance and Stephanie and Stephanie's brother Brent ("51"), who had all flown in a bit earlier that day. We gambled at some cheap tables till pretty late and I walked away from the roulette tables $100 ahead!


Our fun room at the Mirage


Dan, Lance and Fifty-One. These guys were soo much fun to be around. I loved every minute of our time together.


Cute (and expecting) Stephanie and me (not cute or expecting)


Resting on the Ballys walkway


So happy to be away from MN for a while

Friday we sat by the pool, walked around a bit and had a pretty low-key day. We went to the very yummy seafood buffet at the Rio that night and later did some more gambling. This time Dan walked away with extra cash from the blackjack tables.


The pool area was soooo nice. Why can't I be sitting there RIGHT NOW??

Saturday we got to meet The Rollers! I was so excited about this and they turned out to be just as kind and sweet as I expected them to be. Kathy and Joe are inspiring parents and warm people and their three boys are all ADORABLE and I wanted to take them all home with me. It was such an honor to meet them. Baby Isaac was such a lovey, cuddly man. I held him for a few minutes and he snuggled right up against my shoulder the entire time. I loved it! The two older boys went on some rides at Circus Circus while the rest of us walked around and chatted.


Look at this sweet munchkin face. I could just love on him all day.


Lovey boy. He can gladly cuddle with me as much as he wants.


Look, I think Kathy is as short as I am (she's even standing on a slight incline, so we were just about exactly the same height)! I couldn't believe it. I don't have a single friend my height.


Look at this cute family. Kathy and Joe are in serious trouble. Girls are going to be pounding down their door constantly.

We came home on Sunday and it was bittersweet. Vacation went by so fast, but at the same time I was ready to see my chunskter. When we picked him up at Auntie Lissa's, he didn't know what to think. At first he was excited and flapped his arms endlessly. Then after a few minutes, he wanted Daddy and no one but Daddy. Not even me! :( That was tough, but I understand. He spends most of his time with Dan, so that only makes sense. Until we left Lissa's, if he wasn't in Dan's arms he was sobbing. The car ride home was a mess, which is unusual. He was feisty and crabby and not himself at all. We think he was saying to us: WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME? That and I think he's slightly sleep-deprived just from not sleeping in his own bed for a few nights. I put him to bed at 6:00 tonight, but he was easily ready by 5:30.


On the way home from Lissa's yesterday, before the crabbiness began. He kept doing his really flirty face as if he didn't know us and was trying to impress us.

Lissa & family did such a great job taking care of our man, especially with the challenges they faced with their house and the weather. We are so lucky to have Lissa and her sweet little family. Not sure what we'd do without you guys. We love you!!

11 comments:

Samantha said...

great pictures...you are so lucky that you got a chance to get away and enjoy yourself. love all the pictures. glad you had a good time...you deserve it!

love,
samantha

Krista said...

I think my jaw hit the floor after reading your last post...yes, it is evident that angels were with you that day! I guess that puts our little limb down story to shame! Just so glad everyone is safe!

Love the pics of you and Rollers...so jealous...of meeting them and a vacation! You are so deserving though.

I love how Elijah always give you a hard time after you leave him...what a little stinker...they are so smarter than we think!

Glad you're safe...have a great week

jencooper said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I am very jealous that you got to meet the fabulous Rollers!!

I hope that you pocketed that extra cash....and enjoyed your vacation.

I hope that Elijah is nicer to you today!!

<3,
Jennifer

Tina:0) said...

Okay, how lucky are you?! You got to love on Isaac & then come home to Elijah?! I'm sooo jealous!

Sorry I've been behing, but WOW!! I think I would've passed out to have been out in that storm!! I'm a tornado-phobic, & those pictures made me want to RUN to the basement! So glad that your angels were watching over you!

Glad you had a good time - you deserve it! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Megan, where is the picture of Dan getting slapped on the knuckles, by the blackjack dealer @ Imperial Palace, for bending the cards? =)

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures. I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

I hope Isaac is back to his happy little self. It's funny how he gets mad at you. It will get worse, I promise.

Love ya!

Cindy

PS..you may not be expecting, but you ARE cute! :)

Kathy said...

I'm SO SO SO GLAD that you guys made time to meet us!!! It was like visiting one of my sisters that I hadn't seen in a while!!!
and I can't believe that you didn't share all the tornado stories!!

I'm so glad that you made it home safely...and have your little munchkin. Hope you ALL get good sleep tonight!!

Love,
Kathy

my life: said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time, so glad you got this time together....it's so crucial!!!
*side note*
when we went to Disney in the spring, we picked up our foster son on the way home. He did the same thing...a little flirting at first, being really silly (reintroducing himself???) and then the "how dare you?" fussing. Thankfully by the next day after much loving up, we were forgiven.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun...and relaxing, too. Wish I could go to Vegas. For now, I'll live vicariously through you. Hehe. Hug little Elijah Daniel for me! So so so cute! xo

Ann(ie) said...

What a fun trip!! And you guys totally deserved it. I looooooove Vegas. We got married there in 2003. When I build back up my vacation budget (ha!....I'm a dreamer) I'm totally dragging Matt back!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I am so bummed...
I had no idea you were coming to Vegas....

I would have loved to hooked up w/ you guys.

*big pouts*