Monday, July 28, 2008

New sounds and new other stuff



Elijah found some new sounds to make over the weekend. He started saying "Faah!" and "Vaah!" and he thinks it's hilarious if you repeat those back to him. Then he discovered the D and T sounds and he must think that's pretty cool because it's all we heard yesterday. He kept saying "Daw-Tuh," like he's British and trying to say "daughter." Every time he'd say "Dadadada" I would point to Dan and say, "Yes, that's Dada!" He would stop and think for a second and say, "Baba!" How funny.







We had a busy weekend. Lots of stuff going on. Yesterday we made another trip to the zoo. Every time we were in the sun and getting really hot, Elijah would do the sign for ALL DONE. All done with this heat, Mama! We discovered a new favorite food while we were at the zoo. Mandarin oranges! Wow, he gobbled those down like a crazy man. We have a pediatrician friend (Hi, Karla!) who answered about a zillion of my questions on Saturday (sorry for harassing you so much!). One thing I asked about was how to get Elijah to start drinking milk again since he has decided in the past week that juice and water are the only liquids he wants. She suggested adding a little chocolate to the milk. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? We tried it out tonight and he drank more than he normally does. Karla also taught Elijah how to give high fives. It was really cute.


Look at the cute prairie dog. Somehow he reminds me of Elijah.


Are those weird camel humps, or is it just me?


I want a monkey!


Elijah was intrigued by the pink birdies

My dad, stepmom and little brother are coming for a visit in a couple days and we are sooo excited to see them. Drive safely, guys! Elijah is ready to show off for you. He is an expert level ham.

One last thing I want to mention is Elijah's desire to test the waters lately. He knows that dropping food (or anything) from the table is a no-no. He tests us so deeply on this. He will dangle a piece of food over the edge of the table, because he knows it's wrong, and he will look at us like, I know this is wrong, what are you going to do? Dan and I will say, NO, ELIJAH, and he'll bring it back to the table and switch hands and try it on the other side. It is soooo hard for me not to laugh because it's so funny and cute. Dan does a much better job than I do of being firm and telling him NOOOoo.

Here's a fun video from tonight. What a talker we have! And look at how much he loves those trucks.

12 comments:

Kathy said...

He's such a smarty pants...Isaac would just TRY to pick that truck up and eat it...then, he'd be too tired to play with it, so he'd fall over and push it with his feet!
YEAH ELIJAH!!!!
Oh..how sweet that your family is driving up. Have a wonderful visit...they are just going to eat Elijah up...tell them to leave a little of that chunky thigh!!!
love,
kathy

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How cute is that video! He's just happy as a clam playing with that truck!

Have a great time with your family. Kathy's right...they will just love all over your little man! Give him some big kisses from us!

Love ya,

Cindy

PS. Yep, the camel humps do look kind of weird. Even Steph agrees!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the video! Sorry, I'm way to tired to try and post any more but just know we're thinking of you.

Hugs,
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

love that crazy lobster shirt! what a QT!

jencooper said...

He is so flippin cute!! Oh my - that video cracked me up....and Bennett loved it too!! He kept saying, "I want to watch him play with his trucks!"

<3,
Jennifer

Mami Adame said...

OMG! That has to be the CUTEST video ever!

Ann(ie) said...

I'm lovin that video. OH my they are so stinkin cute, aren't they???? I love their little word combinations. And their noises.

I have a heckuva time saying no when Ben's testing the waters. It's so hard not to smile at their cuteness!!

Thanks for the adorable Eli fix, girlie. Give him a smooch for me!!!!

my life: said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post...I have you on my google reader, hmmmm...anyway! I LOVE him making the truck sound...that is awesome! The babbling is like music to your ears, isn't it? Love it...Also, thank you soooo much for your sweet comment! I'm trying so hard NOT to over react and look at her like it could be her final days...madness, in this head of mine from time to time. I will definitely be needing advice on what to take with us...does this sound odd? It's not going to be convienent to come home in the midst of it and I don't want to be unprepared... I dunno! On another note...I must tell you,I have a secret....the little profile pic of Elijah....I imagine he's blowing a kiss to me! So everytime you pop-up in my comments he gives me a smile! Thanks...

Jenni said...

Wow - Elijah is looking great for having just had surgery a few months ago! What a star!

Anonymous said...

Elijah has so much on his plate! It's amazing how much progress he's made after surgery with talking and moving. It's funny how he tries to test the waters with you...smart guy. And, I do agree...that prairie dog does remind me a little of Elijah...cuteness~

xo

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on you guys...hope you're enjoying your time with your relatives!

Give that sweet boy a big hug from us!

Love ya,

Cindy