Thursday, July 17, 2008

Starving

I'm having a tough week. I feel totally starved of my Elijah time. Dan and I were out of town last weekend. On Tuesday I was out of town for work all day. Yesterday Elijah only took a 30-minute nap at daycare again so he went to bed right when we got home. I need a solid week with him just to feel normal again. That's not going to happen, though, because I have no vacation time left for the year aside from our two upcoming hospital days. I won't know what to do with myself in 2009 when I will have vacation time that won't have to be set aside for the hospital (I hope).

This weekend I have one main thing on my agenda: SPEND TIME WITH MY BABY. I don't care what we do or where we go, as long as I can have that.

Elijah is currently evolving into such a little man. His baby qualities are slowly fading and toddler traits are emerging. He no longer likes bottles and he is finally great with sippy cups. He is trying so hard to talk. If I ask him to say "banana," he will say, "Ba. Ba. Ba." I ask him to say "ball," and he says, "Ba." "Dada" is "Ba. Ba." He does this new funny thing where he taps his fingers on the table and his feet on the floor, like he's bored. He now gets out of a sitting position ALL ON HIS OWN to get his toys (this is huge!). He scoots all over the floor, and no longer cries doing it (huge again!). We think we saw him doing a modified version of the sign for MORE the other day. He has just the cutest little personality and he totally knows that he is adorable. He has the flirty face perfected and uses it often and with everyone. The kid melts my heart. I can't wait for my weekend full of nothing but him.

7 comments:

my life: said...

I love to hear all of the "new" things he's doing....it is so fun to watch them grow and develop into little people. I have to say though, I was looking at my 12 year old son (eye to eye :^() and thought, I must warn everyone....time evaporates! They grow up before you know it...everyone says it, and it's true!!!! I would love to spend one day with him as a baby again....I feel like I didn't "absorb" enough of it....life, it's crazy...all that to say, I love that you are enjoying to the fullest ALL of him and writing it down, crucial! Good for you!!!

jencooper said...

Hang in there my friend! It is so hard to not get our time with our kiddos. I am the same way. I LOVE spending time with my two wild children.

Elijah is doing AWESOME!! Way to go!! I am so proud of him. He is going to be a full-blown crawler before you know it! Keep up the great work Eli!!

<3,
Jennifer

Tina:0) said...

He's taking off! Look out world, here he comes!! So glad that he's making such great progress. Hopefully you get some good quality time in this weekend:0)

Sounds like he'll be talking your ear off soon enough! That normalcy of not planning your year around the hospital for '09!

Hope you have a good weekend & get some great snuggle time in!

mina said...

Yay for so much progress! Now if only you could persuade Elijah to take nice 2 hour naps during the day you'd get to see more of him and not feel so deprived. Or maybe you can take a job at the daycare, that's where he seems to be awake most of the time!

Samantha said...

What a great weekend it will be. They grow up so fast! Enjoy him.

I am sorry your week is so stinky...next week is sure to be better. And just think...next year, no vacation time to hospitals...just fun times with your boys!!!

Here is to an extra special weekend...and NO TORNADOES!!!

Much love,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend. Eli will be the life of the party!
Hugs
Tam

Anonymous said...

I hope you get some Elijah loving this weekend. Time really does fly...he's growing right before my eyes. I cannot believe how big and handsome he is now. And, let's not forget all the progress he's been making with his gross motor skills. You're doing a great job with working with him and encouraging him. All that hard work paid off, right? Have a great weekend.