Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend pics

I have a couple fun things to report tonight. Elijah did the sign for MORE today when Dan was feeding him yogurt, his favorite. YAY! More signs! I came home for lunch to spend some time with him and I walked in the back door very quietly because I knew his OT was here and working with him. He still heard the door and knew it was me coming in, so he squealed endlessly. I don't think he has ever done that before. It made me feel so good. He was so much fun today. Lots of giggling and funny faces and babbling and playing. This is my favorite age so far. I love it. I just sit and watch him and cannot believe what a miracle he is. And so handsome and funny, too!

Dan's mom took me to Kohls tonight and bought me a bunch of new clothes for my birthday, which is on Wednesday. Thank you, Kitty!! I rarely buy new clothes for myself because I always seem to find better ways to spend my money, so this is a huge thing for me. I'm already feeling spoiled and it's not even my birthday yet. By the way, I'm going to be OLD this year. This is the first year I've felt like I'm saying goodbye to my youth. :(


Grizzly bears playing at the zoo. It was a bit unnerving when they ran toward the glass that we were standing right next to at 20 mph.


BIG bear


Mama, can we get a bear?


Cute Jetson, loving everything he saw!


Fishies! Elijah actually started doing the sign for FISH while we were at the zoo. I think the signs are going to start coming quickly now.






Even with his hair cut short, it's still poofy and curly. I love it. It has body!

10 comments:

Krista said...

Yeah for new clothes for your birthday! They are such a treat!

Sounds like you were crazy busy this past weekend...I can't believe Dan jumped 24 times in 1 weekend...that's insane!

Elijah is a cute as ever! He is looking so grown up...the early 1's are my favorite age too...they learn so much every day!

And..and I'm laughing at your age comment...what are you, maybe 25...at least you don't look a day over!

The Portas said...

25? I wish! Add 8 years!

Tina:0) said...

Okay, I'd never have guessed you were my age! (Although I'm 2 weeks older! - lol) I was sure you were much younger, thinking along the lines of Krista's guess! HAPPY BIRTHAY!!!!

Elijah is getting soooo BIG! With that hair cut & all those teeth, he must be going on 16 - right?!

Glad you're getting some good mommy time in! Those moments are so precious when you work outside the home! Hope the rest of your week is a good one!

Anonymous said...

Since I will be traveling to AL on Wednesday, I will say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!" today! Hope you have a great day and I'm glad you got spoiled with lots of new clothes.

Elijah looks cute as ever. It's funny how little boys look so much older when they get their hair cut!

Have a great week!

Love ya,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

We all had such a fun time at the zoo with you and Elijah! I still can't believe how big he was after just a couple of months!!!

Although it was hot, packed and crazy...we loved spending time with you two and checking out the animals. We came home and CRASHED!

We all wish MEGAN a happy birthday tomorrow and hope to see you all again soon.

Love, love, love and tons of hugs to you all!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!!! New clothes, what a treat. Elijah, your looking as cute as ever!

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday (tomorrow, in case I forget then). By the way, you are not allowed to say you are old, that means I am old ;)

I hope you have a great day tomorrow! I am so happy that Elijah is doing so very well...what a sweet boy he is!

Love,
Samantha

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Hot Mama!!!
Elijah is such a lucky little guy...
smoochy moochy on him!!!
Thanks for the pics...it made my day!!!
Love,
Kathy

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Yay for new clothes... You deserve to be pampered!
I so love Eli's flirty face...

Samantha said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!!!

Hope you have a fantastic day!!!!

Love,
Samantha