Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend

I have a bunch of pics to upload, but won't get to them till tonight, so check back for those! We had a really fun weekend. We loaded Elijah and the million things required to properly care for him up and headed to the dropzone for the weekend. The dz is currently having some serious plane issues, so there wasn't a whole lot of jumping being done. It was a quiet, low-key weekend there but I think that's just what I needed. After I put Elijah to bed in our camper on Friday, I left Dan in charge and my friend Jess and I drove to Stillwater to watch the fireworks by the river. It was PACKED full of people and the display was super short, but of course still beautiful. After I put Elijah to bed on Saturday, leaving Dan in charge again, I drove over to St. Paul and my friend Ellen and I walked from her house to the Taste of MN. Mmmmm, my tummy was growling for cheese curds and greasy fried food. We intended to watch the fireworks there, but it was 10:35 and still hadn't seen anything, so we watched them as we walked (backwards) back to her house.

On Sunday we got to meet Elijah's little buddy, Wilson, and his parents for the first time. Wilson has the same heart defect that Elijah has and we have been following his journey for quite a while. They live in Ohio and were in Lakeville visiting family for the weekend, which happens to be very close to where we live, so they stopped by our house in the afternoon. They are such a sweet family and Dan and I enjoyed having the chance to talk with them in person. It was really sweet watching Elijah and Wilson play next to each other. I'm thinking Wilson should tour the country and show all the other babies what's up with the sign language. He is two months older than Elijah and he knows so many signs! What a smart boy. He even signed elephant for us. That's a hard one! THANK YOU for stopping by, Mitch, Amy and Wilson! It was soooo nice to meet you. You are such a beautiful little family. Elijah says thank you for the puppy book. Let's plan on Bridge Day 2009! Not participating, just watching. :)

Dan and I are heading to Vegas on Thursday, so I'm soaking up my Elijah time as much as possible before we leave. We get to meet the Rollers while we're there. Two heart babies in one week!

5 comments:

ThePicks said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Glad you were able to get lots of time with Elijah. Looking forward to checking out the photos!

Hope you guys have a stellar time in Vegas!!!!!

Tracy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Looking forward to seeing some pics! :)

Wendy said...

Hi Megan,

I've been so bad about getting around to blogs lately....time just gets away from me, especially with all 4 kids at home! I'm glad you had a great weekend and got to see some fireworks, too. I looked through at the pictures of Elijah that I've missed, and man, he gets cuter every day! I hope you have a wonderful time in Vegas....give Kathy and Isaac a hug from us!

Lots of Heart Hugs & Prayers,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

Tina:0) said...

Sounds like you all had a great weekend! How fun to actually meet another heart family?!?! I wish we could all get together - how fun would that be?!

Hope you have a great trip to Vegas! Tell the Rollers we said "HI!"

Can't wait to see the pictures from this weekend!

jencooper said...

I am guessing that your tummy is better?? There is nothing better than greasy food! I am super jealous!

I am glad to hear that you had a low-key weekend. Sometimes those are the best!!

I can't wait to see the new pics of the precious kiddo! I am super jealous that you are going to meet Kathy and family this weekend! What fun!!

<3,
Jennifer