Thursday, July 24, 2008

Place your bets!

My boys made sure I had such a nice birthday yesterday. Dan and I went to dinner while his mom watched Elijah and I'm still drooling over the the food we ate. Lobster and shrimp and scallops and steak. And those yummy fried noodles and fried rice. And chilled sake. I love Osaka! We got home and relaxed for a bit before going to bed. Dan called to me from the kitchen and asked me to come see why the garage door wasn't working. Our garage door has issues, so this was a believable request. I went into the garage, and sitting there staring at me was a beautiful easel holding a blank canvas, ready to be painted on. I started to cry. I love to paint. I painted a lot in college but haven't done a thing since, mainly because I don't have a space to do it. Really, that's an excuse, because now that I will be doing it again, the garage will work just fine. Anyway, it was the perfect gift and I'm so excited to put something on that canvas. Thank you, my hubby and baby boy! And thank you to everyone else who sent birthday wishes. I had an amazing day.

Elijah is scooting everywhere! Last night was the first time he scooted over to the tv stand and tried to touch things he shouldn't be touching. I told him no and moved him away from it and he cried and cried. We've never had to tell him no when it comes to playing with or touching things because he has never moved anywhere! This is new territory for us. Which leads me to...

He is so close to crawling. He army crawls and scoots everywhere, but he just isn't able to completely push himself all the way up yet. (I'm stealing this idea from you, Ehlan.) So everyone reading, leave a comment and give me the date when you think Elijah will start to crawl. He has to be on all fours, moving more than a few feet, torso not touching the ground. Whoever guesses closest to the actual date will get a little treat in the mail from us!

I don't mean to put pressure on the situation. It's just that, we thought this day would never come. Elijah had HALF the energy that most children have for 14 MONTHS of his life. Development has come slowly because of that. That means everything he accomplishes is much much sweeter for us. The day he crawls I am going to cry and dance and jump up and down and run around the block and do handstands and kiss everyone I see. This is a big deal for us. So give me your date!

31 comments:

Tina:0) said...

I'll give him a week - so I'm gonna say August 1st. Hurry up Elijah - I've got high hopes for you little man!

Glad you had a great day! Hope he's crawling & getting into everything soon! Welcome to the todler stage!

jencooper said...

I am going to say August 15th...I know that seems like a long time, but if he can get where he needs to go his way - he might take a bit to actually do the "correct" crawl.

Come on Elijah.....

<3,
Jen

Samantha said...

I am going with August 26...Leah's birthday...good things happen on that day!

I am so happy you had a good birthday...you deserved it! What a wonderful gift as well...I cannot wait to see what you paint...you will have to take pictures and share with all your friends!

Much love,
Samantha

mina said...

I'm not going to venture a guess, but I'll say soon. He's a laid back kind of guy, he'll get there in his own time.

I hope you had a great birthday yesterday, my brother and his daugther shared it with you, so we know that awesome people are born on July 23rd. I'm sure you deserved all the pampering you got!

I love the zoo pics!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday.
I am going to guess August 10th on crawling. Sophia never really crawled until after she stood. I still remember when she first stood. She was two. Here is a pic. http://flickr.com/photos/awakeningmind/347142537/

my life: said...

I was SO going to go with Aug. 26 BUT that one is taken....I'm going with Aug. 21.....

Kathy said...

OH Megan...I didn't get online yesterday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOT mama!!!

and...my date is August 7th...good luck little man!!!

and HOW SWEET about getting the paint supplies. Oh...we need to get together again...Joe's our artist (I only wish I could paint). You and Joe could paint lovely canvases for us...and Dan and I could finger paint!

Sending you lots of our love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with August 5th! Come on, Elijah, you can do it!

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday. You have really lucked out to be living with such thoughtful boys! Oh, and the food sounded soooo yummy! :)

Love ya!

Cindy

Unknown said...

I didn't get online either so Happy Be-lated Birthday!! What a beautiful gift you got from your hubby. He is such a sweetie.

I'll go out on a limb and say August 18th...since that's my birthday!

But you know he will do it in his own time. They always do. I'm just so proud of how far he has come in such a short amount of time. Your rock little man!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going with Kendis's b-day...August 18.

Go Elijah!

Andrea said...

I choose August 2, because that's my Dan's birthday. And it's a Saturday, so Elijah will have mom & dad's full attention & crawling encouragement all day long, right?

lauriegodfrey said...

I'll say Aug 23rd. One month from your bday.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. The gift from your hubby is very thoughtful and sweet. Be sure to share with us your artwork when you're done!

As for Elijah's developments...YAY! I say it'll be just a few more weeks, and he'll be up on all fours. I guess...August 10th. This is such a big deal! I am so proud of him. I think I'll be jumping up and down, too when you make the announcement.

Anonymous said...

My guess is August 22nd, Elijah will be crawling. Go Elijah go.

Love ya,

Missy

Anonymous said...

Elijah will be crawling by September 2nd! Yay!

Love ya,
Cara

Anonymous said...

We have multiple guesses at our house!

Mitch says 2008.09.10. That's September 10 for the non-techie types out there. He just liked the numerical sequence.

I say August 30.

Wilson has never officially crawled, as you saw when we visited. I consider his locomotion to be "modified scoot." But he never did the army crawl thing either.

Go Elijah!

Amy, Mitch & Wilson

Jane said...

I vote August 4th!

Anonymous said...

Well, when you begin kissing everyone you see, there will be some very happy people after they cross your path! I vote Aug 13th. luv you guys and miss you tons! --Kendis & chris.

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

August 14th ... that's Chase's birthday so it's a special day :9) !!

Ann(ie) said...

Did you say lobster and shrimp and scallops and steak? Oh my. That's my dream date!

Ann(ie) said...

oooooooooooh!!!!...he's CLOSE. Ben did that dance for a good couple of weeks or so. Here's my official guess:

8/4.

Unknown said...

I wanted to say my mom's birthday, but it looks like that date has been taken:( So, I'm going to say August 20th. Go Elijah, Go!!!

Love,
Deb

xoxo

Sarah said...

Sept. 1st. That's my guess. Sarah - GO ELIJAH GO!!! (on my date, LOL)

Tracy said...

My guess is August 10 :).

Colin's Blog said...

I'm going to say August 31st because that's Colin's birthday and it's a special day!!

Colin's Blog said...

I'm going to say August 31st because that's Colin's birthday and it's a special day!!

Anonymous said...

September 4th.
Alise

mina said...

I'm back for my suggestion, how about September 2nd for the big date? Or maybe he'll skip the crawling and start cruising round the furniture?

Anonymous said...

I don't think this date is taken so I will say August 8th. What fun! Thanks for letting us all have a guess! I will be checking back often to see when the BIG day occurs!
Love and hugs
Tam

Anonymous said...

Okay, I really want Sept. 2. But someone guessed that date so I am going to say Sept. 3rd!

Christine

(the one that made the Elijah stones that Alise sent to you)

Ehlan said...

I say August 12th...Sorry I'm a little late! I'm just catching up on my blogging!!! Hooray Elijah!