Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Elijah's special heart day


Beautiful boy (pointing at the grass that he doesn't like).

Since this is Elijah's big anniversary day, we decided to make it a special day for him. I got a bunch of red and heart-shaped balloons and we had a fun balloon fight tonight. Then I scraped the white frosting off the cupcakes I got from the bakery (I don't have time to make cupcakes!) and put some red frosting in place of it. We had fun getting messy with the cupcakes after dinner. Elijah wasn't too sure about putting it into his mouth, but he took a few licks and did a good job of smearing it everywhere. I got a few other fun red things for him to enjoy tonight, to go along with the heart theme. We had a really fun evening. The weather is awesomely perfect outside today, so we went for a walk tonight and Elijah walked with his walker on the sidewalk for the first time! Big boy! He has had sooo much energy in the past couple days. It is wonderful. The fact that he has energy to expend is such a great sign and it makes me giddy to see it.


Red cupcakes and pretty red flowers.

One year ago, Elijah's body was in great distress. He was adjusting to his new anatomy post-surgery and Dan and I were scared and exhausted. Thinking back makes me so very very grateful for where we are at right now. It is amazing what a year (and a surgery) can do. We thank God for everything we have been given and all of the progress our little boy has made in the past year. Happy heart anniversary, Elijah! We love you sooo much.


Going crazy with the balloons.


Here, you try, Mama.


Hmmmmmmmm.


What is this on my lips.


Look at him go! Sooo proud!


Throwing his new ball.


Silly-face man pointing at the grass. He was not a fan of the grass touching his skin, as I suspected would be the case.

12 comments:

mina said...

Happy heart day! I love the pics.

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

What a precious little boy you have!!!

Kathy said...

Happy Heart Day E!!!
You're always a superstar...and quite a good lookin' one at that!
I love that picture of him with the walker...he looks like he's running!!!
hug him tight for me!

Tina:0) said...

Happy Heart Day, Elijah!!!

Looks like you all had fun with all of your red goodies! My girls both love balloons:0) Every time we go to my Mom's shop (florist/wedding deco shop) the girls both go for the balloon drawers (today Miss V picked a pink one out - LoL!).

What a beautiful day to take a walk outdoors! Okay, I'm still waiting for that beautiful weather you're supposed to send my way - its been rainy/gloomy here all week - UGH!!

Sending (((BIG Heart Hugs))) today & every day!

jennifer said...

OMG, Elijah! These pictures, especially the one with him walking in his walker, makes me sooo happy! He's grown so much and is making so much progress, and is so alive and happy! Happy Anniversary, Elijah. I love you!

cindy said...

Happy Heart Day, little man! And way to go with that walker. You look like you want to take off running!

Lots of love,

Cindy

Unknown said...

Happy Heart Day Elijah! It's hard to believe it's already been a year.

I just LOVE the picture of him walking outside. His smile just melts my heart.

Heart hugs,
Vanessa

Cecilia said...

Happy Heart Day!

I love all those pictures, Eiljah looks so handsome, happy, cute, sweet and full of energy!

Give him a BIG hug from us.xoxo

Sarah said...

Happy 1st Mendaversary Elijah!

Andrea said...

Happy Heart Day to your family! Elijah is so adorable and looks great! I remember when Drew was little we'd put him down on the grass and he'd just stand there, refusing to move! He didn't like it either!

The Smith's said...

Look at you, Mr. Elijah! Thank you, Lord, for bringing Elijah so far in one year! Thank you for his health, his sweet spirit and determination!

What a great idea, Megan, to have an anniversary celebration. What a sweet boy you have!

love, Jesse

Unknown said...

Happy Heart day, HOw exciting He looks so cute using his walker what a big boy I love all the pictures.