Monday, April 6, 2009

Fan in the face


Cruisin' around in the walker.

Our munchkin just wasn't himself all weekend. He has the typical lingering croup symptoms, a cough and fatigue. We stayed pretty close to home all weekend, which is fine because it was still stupidly freezing cold outside.


Borrowing Mr. Potato Head's mustache.

I feel like such a bad mama. Yesterday when I was bringing Elijah upstairs to read a book before his nap, I set him down on the floor for a second. He had dropped his monkey and bending down and getting back up with him in my arms is impossible. I took one step away to pick Monkey up and the box fan that was leaning against the wall next to him fell over and hit him in the face. :( He cried, I felt awful, we hugged. Then I noticed he had a bloody nose. It wasn't too bad, but I feel absolutely horrible about it.

Elijah surprised me yesterday by doing the sign for juice, totally out of the blue. One of these days, he's just going to start speaking and signing in complete sentences.

I have a busy week at work, Dan has an almost full week, and Elijah has a busy week of daycare and PT/ST and getting molded for his orthotics. And hopefully one of these days the weather will decide to get warm again. Have a great week, and thanks for checking in on our little boy. xo

8 comments:

Samantha said...

PLEASE Megan...no guilt...you cannot be perfect ever!!! Don't beat yourself up! Would you like me to start listing the millions of things that have happened to all three of my kids?? I can top ya on anything..I promise ;) I know you feel bad, it is normal...but no beating yourself up...AT ALL!!! Your little man looks so cute! I am sorry he is not feeling good :( We have the ugly cold weather here too...I cannot understand why the weather cannot just get to spring and stay there :(

I am going to catch up on the rest of the entries I have missed...I have been so bad with the blogs :(

Much love!
Samantha

Cecilia said...

Don't feel bad Megan, it was only an accidient, not your fault, not anyone's fault!

Sorry to hear that Elijah is not feeling well again. I wish him a speedy recovery!

He looks smart in the walker!

Love to you all xoxo

Unknown said...

I think we all have our "Oh I'm a bad mommy" moment. Arianna fell off the bed when she was little. You better believe I felt horrible about that one.

Yay for signing juice!! He is picking these signs up very well. Keep up the signing with him and you'll be amazed at all he can sign.

mina said...

Sorry that Elijah is still feeling sick. And sorry for the yucky cold weather (which, incidentally is headed back down our way too :( ). Hopefully this week will be a turnaround, y'all really need a break!

Unknown said...

Don't feel to bad we all do it, I know I have.
Sorry to hear about Elijah not feeling to well.
The weather here is nice and warm today 76 tomorrow 86 then Wednesday back down to 67. This is why everyone gets sick all the time..
Sounds like a very hectic week. Try and have a good one.

The Smith's said...

Last Thursday, we were at our local hospital visiting another heart baby and Luke got the tips of his fingers pinched in the elevator doors! Ouch! The great part about your story is that it happened while you were about to read him a book. I guarantee you he will remember THAT over the falling fan!

Our sunshine is only supposed to last through tomorrow ... hopefully it will head your direction! No more winter!!!

love, Jesse

Kathy said...

Megan...I'm NOT going to post this on my blog..but, Isaac fell off the couch AGAIN. Seriously. I need to put a helmet on him and just leave him on the floor to be safe!
I hope you all have a good week. You know the weather is perfect here this week...just blow off work and take a flight out!!! I"ll pick you up at the airport!

smoochy moochy on that cutie pie for me!
kathy

Tina:0) said...

I think we should all put our kids in bubbles... then maybe they won't get hurt! Did you see the post on our blog with Vaeh's chin?! As if she didn't already have enough scars, we go & add another one! Oh well, at least they won't remember it when they're older!

Sounds like a busy week. Hope you get some good snuggle time in:0)