Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday yay

Wow, what happened to the week? No complaints here. I welcome the weekend with very open arms! Some fun things happened this week. First of all, look at the cute monkeys my sister sent to Elijah. I love them!


A monkey man bag.


Jasper, Pogo and Gabby.

The nice weather coupled with the realization that Elijah is completely and utterly IN LOVE with the outdoors AND with speed (the act of moving quickly, not the drug) compelled us to buy a jogger/bike trailer this week. We found a good deal at a garage sale, so we jumped on it. Elijah loved being pushed in it last night, and he appeared to love the quick bike ride tonight.


This is what Elijah does when we open the front door. He sits at the edge, gazing longingly out into the wide open outdoors.

Elijah got his AFOs this week! They are much much smaller than I imagined them to be. You can just barely see them sticking up out of his shoes. So far he is tolerating them well. I'm so happy that his little ankles have a little more support now.

We decided at the very last minute to participate in this year's Heart Walk, which is tomorrow morning. Last year we got snowed out (yes, at the end of April), and this year isn't looking much better. I guess if it is raining too hard we may not be able to make it, so we're praying for the rain to hold off. I really want to walk in honor of our little boy!

The Cough denied our letter, that jerk. We still have him as a house guest. At least I wasn't forced to sleep in the closet this morning. Progress!

Dan is out celebrating a friend's birthday with a lot of the people he went to college with. Elijah is asleep and I am headed into the living room to read Harry Potter Book 5 and then watch a girly movie. :) Have a great weekend, everyone! Thanks for checking in.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Enjoy your night!
I LOVE that monkey bag..would you ask your sister were she got it! I want one!!!

(because I have three little monkeys!)

so...what movie are you going to watch?? I always put in Pretty Woman if Joe leaves me alone...it's my fav.
Have you seen the preview for Cameron Diez's new movie...I cried when I saw the trailer!!

Ann(ie) said...

Enjoy your much deserved, relaxing Friday night sugar!!!! I dig that monkey bag....soooooo cute!

Unknown said...

I really hope the AFO's work. And I just love the Monkeys and the monkey bag is soooo cute. Enjoy your night you deserve it. Have a nice weekend and get some rest.

Tracy said...

I love the monkey bag!! And the cute Monkey family. Very sweet :).

Tina:0) said...

I love the monkeys! Especially the one named 'Gabby' - it seems to resemble my Gabby (LoL)!!

Sounds like you had a relaxing evening last night! Hopefully that silly cough finally learns to take a hint & get lost!

Sending hugs!

Cecilia said...

What a lovely monkey family! I love the money bag very much, so cute!!!

Hopefully Mr. Cough leaves Elijah alone and disappears for good!!!

Enjoy your night & have a great weekend!

Lots of love xoxo