Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunny skies and warm weather, COME BACK!

As always, the weekend went way too fast. We ended up not participating in the Heart Walk (again) this year because of the weather (again). Elijah still has this lingering sickness, so we didn't want him to be out in the cold for too long. I was bummed. Maybe one of these years it will actually work out.

Instead, we went to the MOA and walked around a bit just to get out of the house. Elijah rode on a tiny little ride that went around in circles and he liked it. Yesterday morning we went to Ikea and bought a book shelf/tv stand and a desk for our bedroom. We haven't had a chance to put them together yet, but this will be the first step toward a clutter-free house. Our bedroom is a gigantic mess right now, so I'm really excited to get things organized.

Elijah is still coughing, but it continues to get a tiny bit better every day. He was such a super Mama-clingy boy all weekend (which is just fine with me). He wants me to be close to him or holding him at all times. He loves it when I dance around the room with him in my arms as we listen to his Bullfrogs & Butterflies CD. Every time I sit down to rest, he ferociously signs MORE MORE MORE until I continue with the dancing. He is not a light child, so it's a bit tough for me to go for very long, but WOW, does he love it.

Yesterday evening Dan and I brought Elijah to Grandma's while the two of us went out for dinner. It has been a while since we've been out alone, so it was really nice. We stuffed ourselves with Mexican food and yummy margaritas and then we warred in Pac-man. I got beat! I can't believe how good he is getting. I used to beat him all the time!

Here's hoping for a nicer week so we can get out of our house again. Thanks for checking in..

8 comments:

mina said...

Good to know Elijah is steadily getting better. Maybe next week will bring nicer weather and less coughing? Oh, and a clutter-free house. I love Ikea.

BTW, we did use vrbo for our beach vacation, and yay! We found another one that sounds just perfect. Fingers crossed that it won't fall through this time.

Kathy said...

you guys are so darn sweet!
Hey...Terri said that you're coming back to Vegas soon...let me know if you do!

I can just see you dancing around with your chub-o-lovin'...oh girl...that's how you say so tiny!!!

I LOVE ikea...I wish I lived closer so that we could go together...I could just live in that store. heavenly...

take care.
don't work too hard this week.
kathy

Sarah said...

So cute... again I can see why he loves that cd... it is so cute. Maybe I should start dancing around with Evan... my 50 lbs. of love - I bet I would become one fit mama.

Cecilia said...

Glad to know you and Dan had a great evening yesterday. I hope little Elijah will be getting better soon.

I can imagine the picture of you and Elijah dancing around the room, you both must look adorable!

Love to you all, have a nice week! xoxo

il Dan said...

Since I like everyone to have the most accurate information possible I feel I must clarify that "I used to beat him all the time," actually means "I used win about half the time."

The Portas said...

Oh rude!! Actually, you are quite wrong, but in order to protect your manhood, I won't push the issue.

il Dan said...

Forgive me for being a purveyor of the truth, I only seek to speak of reality.

Tina:0) said...

Sounds like you're getting in some good Mommy - Elijah time!

If you find the sunshine, redirect it our way, too, will ya?!

Give that little man big hugs & smooches from us!