Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You are no longer welcome! Leave, please!

If Elijah's cough could somehow expose itself in a tangible form, here is what I would do to it. I would drop kick it to the moon, after I had stabbed it repeatedly with a fork and pulled off all its toenails and fingernails. After 8+ months of this thing hanging around inside our little boy, we are so very tired of it.

Last night Elijah was such a sick, tired little man. It broke my heart. After dinner, he was so tired from all of the coughing, that he collapsed on my shoulder while I was giving him his neb. I put him to bed early, hoping he would go right to sleep, but instead he coughed for a solid hour or two before he really fell asleep. I did think it was funny when I heard him say, "UH OH!" in the middle of a long stretch of coughing. :)

So, assuming that The Cough reads this blog, I am saying to him right now.. We don't want you as a part of this family anymore. Please, go! There is nothing about you that we like. Let our son's body have some peace for once.

p.s. I totally, 100% agree with this. I will never understand it either, even though I have friends and family members who make this choice for their children. I will never get their decisions to not vaccinate their children.

9 comments:

mina said...

Poor baby! I am praying HARD for that nasty cough to leave!

And I'm definitely right there with you about vaccinating. How can you put your child and so many others at risk?

Cecilia said...

Big hug to little Elijah! I hope the coughing monster will stay away from Elijah for good.

Megan, take good care of yourselves.

Have a good day! xoxo

my life: said...

Sweet baby!!! Can a boy get a break????? I chuckled at that uh-oh...I would have been all over that. :0) I so want to squeeze him...please warn him...in case we ever meet!

Hang in there little one...I'll send your cough to the place I'm sending Grace's fluid. ;0)

Gina and Tim said...

I read your blog often (I'm friends with Ehlan) and I love your stories. In response to your vaccination theory, I'm WITH you!
I work at a school, and in the past two years we've had 8 cases of whooping cough - all because families choose not to vaccinate. It's a nasty disease, and I feel awful for the kids with weak immune systems who just don't stand the same chance. :(

Kathy said...

GIRL...don't get me started. Isaac would literally die if he got whooping cough, chicken pox, and anything else. I'd be one ANGRY mom if he got exposed to anything like that because of some ignorant parent.

Hey...did you watch Oprah and get her blog from there or have you been on her blog before?? Did you see how much $$$ she's making.
We've got to start blogging more!

That breaks my heart about Elijah. I hope he has a better night tonight.

Unknown said...

I am right there with you on the vaccinations. I am so happy Arianna's immune system became strong enough to get her live vaccines.

Now for that cough....GO AWAY!

Tina:0) said...

Cough, cough, go AWAY... DON'T come back - EVER!!!

Praying that nasty cough goes north for the summer doesn't ever return!

As for the vaccinations... I'm right there with you on the 100%!! I have a cousin that hasn't had her kids vaccinated & I can't understand why. I pray that her kids never get really sick because of it.

Unknown said...

Hope Elijah had a better night last night. It is so hard when they are sick. Try and get some rest yourself. Take care.

Samantha said...

I am also on the same page as you on the vaccinations...I just don't get it at all. I get to some extent those that delay, but the total NOT doing it really confuses me. I will stop there, or I may raise my bp too high :)

I will join in with you and DEMAND that the cough leave for good! Poor baby boy :( It breaks my heart that he is struggling.

Love,
Samantha