Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bittersweet week

Grammie and Gramps came and left and we are missing them again. They are still in the state, though, so we will get to see them again before they head back to North Carolina. I was hoping to get up to northern Minnesota (where they will be for the next few days) with Elijah for a day or two to spend some extra time with them but I'm not sure if it's going to work out. I'm super bummed and trying to think of a way I can make it happen.

I love watching Elijah interact with my dad and stepmom. He loves them sooo much, and they adore him. I wish I could stick them both in my pocket and keep them close to us forever.

So we will spend the next few days figuring out what is in store for the weekend. We have been having a good week. My dad and stepmom took Elijah and I out for pizza last night. Dan is working a lot this week, so YAY for that. The weather isn't cold anymore, so that adds some happiness to our lives.

Quick funny story from the other night.. Dan was watching golf for a bit on tv and one of the commercials that kept coming on during the breaks was for a DVD set of war plane footage. One of the clips showed a plane crashing and the others were of airplanes zooming loudly around the sky and dropping bombs, etc. Every time the commercial came on Elijah got super excited and signed "airplane" and said, "AAyyyy!" which is what he does/says lately whenever he sees or hears a plane. So then when the commercial would end, he'd give me a very disappointed scowl and started to fuss because he thought it was some special Airplane Show on tv that I was secretly teasing him with. I would say, "Sorry sweetie, that was a commercial, not a show." Then he would furrow his brow and say, "Ayyyy! Asshhh!" (Airplane! Crash!) about 54 times in a row. He is definitely in an airplane phase right now. He loves watching them, hearing them, talking about them and spotting them in the sky. Anything that makes that little boy's face light up makes me happy, too. Even crashing, bomb-dropping airplanes, I guess.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

4 comments:

mina said...

Awwww, too bad the visit had to end! It's funny, Bilal used to call airplanes ay-ay! And he says that even now when he gets too excited and sees one.

Cecilia said...

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with your dad and stepmom during their visit.

I can imagine Elijah's sweet and cute little face when he sees or hears a plan.

Have a good week!

Hugs and love to you all xoxo

cindy said...

So glad you've all been getting to spend time with so many great relatives. I know Elijah's been loving being fussed over by everyone! :)

You'll need to find some airplane books and shows for the little man! How fun that he loves them! Don't load up on them, though, 'cuz it will probably go back to trucks or something else before ya know it!!

Big hugs to all!

Love ya!

Cindy

Unknown said...

He is all boy...
I am so glad he found another interest in toys. That is so cute.

Have a great weekend.