Saturday, August 15, 2009

Water!



We are having a super weekend. We have packed so many fun things into just a few days. I had Friday off work, so Elijah and I went to a splash park that we had never been to before and then we met up with some friends in the afternoon and spent more time in the water. Today involved even more swimming, and now we are finally relaxing. I know I have thoroughly tired Elijah out when he does not want to swing at the park. Yes, that really happened tonight!



We had the entire splash park to ourselves for a good hour before other people started showing up. Elijah did really well getting around in the pool by himself until the other little people got there and then he got a bit intimidated. He didn't understand why he couldn't play with the stairs that led up to the slide, when kids were wanting to use those stairs as access to the slide.


I love this cheesy face.



We spent some time on Friday afternoon with some friends in St. Paul, splashing in some water and getting refreshingly sprayed by fountains.


Ahhhh, the water from the fountain blowing on us felt so nice.


Elijah called his buddy Leo "O!" :)


Leo, munching on a carrot.


This morning Elijah and his friend Kade splashed in our blow-up pool in freezing cold water. They showed their true dedication to swimming.


We played this game for a while today. He still gets a total kick out of peekaboo.


Finally resting after a crazy couple of days. What's in store for tomorrow??

Dan has literally been working all week and weekend. I have kind of forgotten what he looks and sounds like. If someone sees him, could you send him home to us?

8 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ohhhhhhhh He looks so grown up today!! Especially the last photo..
I am so glad he loves the water like he does... Please send some of your warm weather down here to us!! We have had thunder and lightening and hail...and now it is simply blowing and pouring with rain!

Cecilia said...

It looks like Elijah and his buddies had a great time in the water. It is very nice having a good friends to play together.

Nice pictures, have a good week!

my life: said...

I wanna bring Gracie to that splash park!!! It looks so fun :0)

Also...yee-haw about genetics! I'm so glad that all of that is finally over!!!!

mina said...

So much fun! Elijah looks right at home in the water!

Tina:0) said...

I have to agree about him looking too cute - I can't get enough of that face:0)

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Hope you have a relaxing Sunday evening!

Sarah said...

Love Love Love that last picture of him - too cute!

Unknown said...

OH I love the cheesy face, I love all of them. How fun he must have had.

Atousa said...

I need to know where is that splash park in the cities!! I need to take my kids there before it gets cold :)

thanks
Atousa

mommy to 3 in Maple Grove