Monday, August 24, 2009

Family time



Our weekend was packed full of family time, which was tiring, fun and wonderful! My mom was still in town from California, so we (we = my two sisters and their families, my mom, and us) spent as much time together as possible. We spent Friday at a gigantic waterpark (Elijah loooooooved this), Saturday at my sister's house and yesterday at our house.

Ten seconds after everyone left our place last night, all of my mental and physical energy left my body. I melted into the couch for about 20 minutes before I talked myself into feeding Elijah and getting him into bed.

I love my family more than ever right now. I feel so close to them and I am so grateful for the times over the past week that we were able to spend together. I loved watching Elijah interact with his cousins and I enjoyed seeing my mom again and I love my sisters and their families and I feel such a sense of peace right now.

It might take us a few days to recuperate, but the craziness of the weekend was so worth it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So happy for you and the good family time you have been blessed with lately.~ hugs

Cecilia said...

So happy you had a great time with your family.

Hugs to you and your little man. xo

mina said...

Weekends like that really rock!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend some good quality time with your family.

To answer your question about arrythmais...it's something I've always been told was a possibility. I'm not sure about other CHD's but I know with TOF our kids have an increased risk of arrythmias. I have known a 19-year-old with TOF that passed away 2 years ago because of arrythmias. His doctors never did testing to check for this so I have become more concerned. I'm sure since Elijah has been closely monitored in the hospital they would of told you if they saw something funny. I guess its a standard test they do in our clinic for kids with heart defects. Maybe mention it to your cardiologist next time you go.

Hope you have a wonderful week!