Monday, August 17, 2009

The rest of our weekend

Dan found his way home to us yesterday! The morning was rainy, so we spent time inside for a change. Elijah helped Dan pay the bills..



..and then got caught up on some work of his own..





Then we bought a new rug at Ikea that makes our living room look fun and also that covers up the disgustingly dirty carpet. And of course we couldn't go to Ikea without stopping by the MOA because Elijah somehow knows the exact GPS location of the Mall of America and starts saying, "MALL! MALL! MALL!" when we are within two miles of it. I have no idea how or why, but it's strangely and totally true. So we went to the mall for a carousel ride and for lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. The "rain storms" and the loud elephants were a bit scary for him this time. The carousel ride was an absolute hit.



My mom will be in town this week from California, so we are getting ready to spend some time with her. She has never met Elijah, so it will be fun to see the two of them together.

I realized yesterday that I haven't given a medical/PT/speech/developmental (etc.) update on Elijah in a while, so I will work on that this week.

Here is a fun photo I ran across this weekend. Elijah must have been about nine months old here. I remember how cute I thought it was that he fell asleep with a giant spoon in his hand.

5 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Awww....so darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy said...

He sounds like my kind of man...lovin' Ikea and the mall! Oh..he will be a ladies man FOR SURE!!!

I can't believe that he can hold a pen..and write with it! Isaac would still eat it or poke an eye out!

Have a fun week!

Cecilia said...

I love all those pictures especially the last one with baby Elijah and you.

He is such a sweet and smart little boy, I love him too bits.

I hope your mom will have a nice meeting with Elijah.

Have a good week!

Unknown said...

I love the Rainforest Cafe, How fun. I just love all of the photos of Elijah he is so cute.
Have fun with your Mom in town.

The Mall I love the Mall....

The Domanicos said...

I love Ikea too! Wish we had one nearby. Love the pictures-it's so nice to see Elijah having some fun. I love the swimming pictures below-the first one is my favorite! Have a great week.