Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lovin' summer

Our world has been so totally busy I don't even know where to start! In the past week I have seen FOUR people from my past who I haven't seen in many years, we attended the wedding of a good friend of Dan's, we splashed in fountains and went for walks and visited friends and went to the park and we are currently enjoying even more time with my dad and stepmom. Tomorrow night we are having a bunch of family over for a bbq, so we have more fun to look forward to.


One of my good friends from high school was in town last week with her (very cute, very sweet) family. After work on Thursday Elijah and I headed to their hotel to swim in the pool (a HUGE hit with Elijah) and ate pizza with them. It was sooo good to see my friend and to meet her family!


Then on Saturday I saw a childhood friend who I haven't seen in 26 years!! Julie and I were the best of friends when we were little munchkins. We lived across the street from each other and did absolutely everything together. Then my mom and I moved to California and I never saw Julie again. Well, thanks to Facebook, we got back in touch and we both live in the Cities! Julie has always had a special place in my heart, so I am thrilled about having her in my life again. Her 10-week-old little boy is adorable, and I'm excited to meet the rest of her family and get to know her all over again!


We met our good friend Jess this morning for breakfast and a walk around the city. Elijah greeted people and dogs that walked past her apartment complex.


We walked to a beautiful garden, where Elijah fell head over heels in love with the fountains. That was after we tore him away from his beloved waterfall (he falls in love easily). He loved splashing in them and picking up flower petals and giggling endlessly. Tears gushed out of his eyes when we had to part with the fountains, but he got over it pretty quickly.


On the drive home Elijah said, "Bye bye Ess!" about 956 times. He loves his Jess!

We have even more adventures coming up, and we are looking forward to them all. Since about two weeks after Elijah's spinal cord surgery, the summer has been carefree and fun and wonderful. I am loving it!

Have a great week!! xo

7 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Yay for enjoying summer!! Looks like Mr. Elijah is having a great time! And getting sooooo big... I think these kiddos need to stop growing (for just a short while) so we can enjoy them!

Hope you have a good week! Give Elijah some hugs from us!

Kathy said...

Looks like you haven't missed a beat this summer...even with the surgery and any sick days from Mr. E!!

From the way you describe him...I can totally hear his little voice calling things by their names and crying when you make him change locations. Isaac is NO where as observant as Elijah is...and honestly, I'm not sure that most 2 years are. He's seems so interested in everything...I really think you have a genius on your hands.

Cecilia said...

What a wonderful weekend you had to catch up with your long lost little friend and other good friends!

I love those pictures, little Elijah always looks smart, cute and adorable.

Have a good week.

Lots of love from us xoxo

Unknown said...

That is just awesome that your reconnecting with all your childhood friends. Looks like you guys have been having a blast lately.

jencooper said...

What a blast!! I am so happy that you are enjoying the carefree days of summer!!

Thanks for sharing pictures of that little lovebug!!

<3,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

I am so glad you all had a great weekend what lots of fun connecting with old friends.
I just love all of the pictures he is sooo cute.

mina said...

What a wonderful summer! I love connecting with old friends too!