Thursday, August 27, 2009

Croup: Season 2, Round 1

Our munchkin woke up with croup early this morning. This is about right! He got croup for the first time in August last year, too. Luckily it seems like it's not too terrible this time. His stridor was mild this morning, but noticeable enough for us to get out the racemic epinepherine. He has a runny nose and feels slightly warm and I'm sure we'll be hearing his standard cough for a while. Dan will be home with him for a bit this morning and I am taking the afternoon off work to give him some mama love.

Elijah has had a long and wonderful reprieve from illness this summer, and I am just thankful for that break!

8 comments:

Cecilia said...

Hope Mr. Croup will stay away from little Eli for good.

Sending our love your way xoxo

CouponChic said...

OH Elijah...
I wish that I lived closer to help you guys out when he gets the sickies.

Isaac and E could share neb treatments!

well...
keep us updated...
and post pics.
and just come over for a visit.
that's all.

mina said...

Oh no! I hope he feels better soon!

The Smith's said...

Oh no! I was so sad to see your post. I am praying that round 1 is the LAST round this winter.

I have a nasty cold right now and it makes me nervous to think about winter...

Feel better soon sweet boy!

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Paige just had her first round last week also. Gonna be a rough year according to our pulmonolgy doc.

Sarah said...

Oh boo... hope it was caught soon enough to be nipped and not get worse.

Ehlan said...

hope it's a quick one!

Unknown said...

Oh no...not again.. I really hope he does better this season.