Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Corn maze 2011



Well here we go, photos from...two weekends ago? There is a very cool corn maze about two miles from our house that we had never been to before. Dan was at work that Saturday morning, so I figured I'd load up the boys and go check it out! It was awesome! Elijah cried huge alligator tears when it was time to go.



The actual maze part was intricately created. And a little bit creepy. I had visions of The Shining flashing through my head as Elijah led the three of us through. There was also a kid maze made out of hay bales so parents could easily spot familiar heads. It was HUGE. Elijah ran through there for 20 minutes while I did my best to keep my eyes on his quickly-moving, colored hat. Every once in a while I would lose sight of him and start to panic. I didn't get pictures of this because both my eyes (Elijah) and arms (Sammy) were busy! There were also animals and other fun kid things at the corn maze. We will definitely go back again next year!



I have some more boy cuteness to share. There has been so much cuteness gushing from our boys lately. The other night before bed I noticed that the top of Elijah's hair was wet. I asked him if he had gotten up onto his stool and gotten into the sink. He looked at me and said, "NO, Mom! It's from the toilet!" Great, Elijah.



Some cute Elijah sayings:
Instead of "I forgot something!" he says, "I don't got somefing!" forgot=don't got
When I ask him to do something and he needs a second, he says sweetly, "A minute!"



Sammy is currently learning some lessons about not getting everything he wants. He has an absolute fit when we tell him no about something. He is super sensitive so after we say NO, he will either hide and suck his thumb or he will sit in a corner by himself and SCREAM. He never lets us comfort him afterward. And he still gets mad at me when we don't spend a lot of time together (after a week of working). After a weekend together, he is back to normal. He is a sensitive little guy.



Elijah is more interested in Sammy than he ever has been. The other morning Elijah was awake first (surprise!) and Sam was still sleeping. Elijah said, "Where's Sammy?" I told him he was still asleep and his lower lip came out and he started crying. "I want Sammy to wake up!" Wow! I never thought I would hear that come from his mouth. He also likes to play chase with Sam around the house. They both giggle like crazy. Sam likes to do his right ear to right shoulder dance a lot lately and it makes Elijah laugh soooo hard. "Wook at Sammy dance! Do your dance again, Sammy!"



Sam still loves to play peek-a-boo. It makes him laugh like crazy. Usually he uses a blanket to play, but every once in a while he will cover his eyes with his hands. Except, he covers his ears instead. :)



Sam's word for Elijah (uh-YA-YA) is the cutest! Even Elijah loves it when Sammy says his name. Lately Sam has been learning body parts, too. He will often walk up to Elijah (or any of us) and innocently poke his finger into one of his eyeballs and then up his nostril and then into his ear. Then he will point to his own parts.



And just like that, it is my bedtime! More cuteness later. Enjoy the rest of the pics..

















3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Glad to know you all had a lovely time at Corn maze. I loved all the pictures of your two cutie pies!!!

Jessica said...

i would love to know where you got those adorable space hats from! are they part of a costume?

The Portas said...

Hi Jessica! The space hats were props at the entrance of the corn maze. They were there for photo ops. So cute, aren't they?