Friday, November 4, 2011

Pumpkin carving and more misc (almost caught up!)



Here are some photos from our pumpkin-carving night. As you can see, the boys are still not too interested.



It was still fun, of course. Elijah has always loved the finished product, when the pumpkins are finished and lit with candles. Oh, and apparently he likes having a pumpkin head, too.



And again I will write about things that have nothing to do with the photos surrounding them!

Elijah got his cavity filled this week. Thanks to the laser (and nitrous), it was painless. It was a little traumatic for him to have someone prying his mouth open, and he didn't like the sounds of the tools. It's finished, and we will continue to brush and floss those little teeth religiously. Especially during this post-Halloween week!



I got to accompany Elijah and his preschool class on a field trip this week. This is the third field trip I have been on with him, and it is such a special little thing for us. Well, for me, anyway! We went to Lowry Nature Center (our second field trip to this location) and saw a puppet show and some animals and we talked about what animals do in the winter-time. We walked through the woods and looked for acorns and smelled leaves and Elijah got to hold a snake! He wasn't even a teeny bit afraid and started crying when his turn was up. Last year he fearlessly held a cockroach at this same place and grossed everyone, including myself, out. I'm glad he is fearless when it comes to creepy-crawlies! He can be my bug patrol! One of the things I love about these field trips are our bus rides. Elijah adores riding the "big yellow bus," and it's so much fun to see his happy little face. He thinks it's the coolest thing in the world. And thankfully he's not shy about loving Mommy, because we snuggle like crazy on our bus rides. For the third time (100% track record), he fell asleep in my arms on our way back to school after the field trip was finished. The only thing better would be to have Sammy there, too! And Dan, of course. :)



I realize this is turning into an Elijah-only post, but with as much as that boy talks it's hard not to have constant funny things to report! Something he has been doing a lot lately is asking us, in public, what everybody's name is, and RIGHT IN FRONT of said people.
"Mom, 'member that guy's name?"
"No, sweetie, I don't."
"Is he mean?"
"No, I'm sure he's not."
"He's nice?"
"Yes."



The other day we were somewhere in public, I can't remember where, and we passed a bigger-framed fella. Elijah said, "Wook at THAT guy!" Thankfully, "that guy" thought it was funny and started laughing. Oh the things kids say!



Dan is hunting this weekend and the little boys and I are hanging out at home. Sammy has some sort of virus that he is hopefully about done with. It has involved a high fever, a bit of congestion and a lack of appetite. Poor guy. It doesn't help that he REFUSES to take medicine. We have tried mixing tylenol with chocolate syrup, applesauce, yogurt and chocolate milk, and every time he tastes the medicine and refuses another bite/drink. We even tried pinning him down and using a syringe to get it into the back of his mouth, but he would use his tongue to push it right back out. Thank goodness our kid who HAS needed a lot of medicine in his life is the one who opens his mouth like a hungry little birdy and then says, "Yum! That was good!"



Enjoy your weekend and the rest of the pics!





3 comments:

The Willaerts said...

Seriously?! You're one of THOSE people with the perfect pumpkins? Ugh!

;-)
cara

Cecilia said...

You are really good at carving Pumpkins, amazing!

I love all the pictures of your two ittle boys, seriously cute!

Have a nice weekend xoxo

Sarah said...

Again Elijah reminds me of Evan... Evan still hugs me tight & gives me a smooch at age 7 in the carpool line. I see other little guys jumping out with no looking back even for wave. When I got to his class to volunteer last week he ran over to me with a big hug & kiss - "Mommy!" I'm so glad for the bond we have with our boys!