Friday, June 28, 2013

Frustration

Elijah and Sammy need summer hair cuts badly, but in the meantime we are having fun with new styles. :)


This week was a bit of a bummer, hence the lack of posts. Elijah, along with the rest of us, have missed out on going to the pool THREE times this week due to major potty accidents. I have felt more frustrated than I've felt in a very long time and there has been more turmoil in our home than ever before. :( We have been actively potty training this boy for 2+ years. There are most definitely special circumstances surrounding him and keeping this in mind Dan and I DO have mucho grace, but....it sometimes (this week) gets really really frustrating. Especially since it is summer (finally!) and we want to be able to get out and enjoy the weather!

With that said, we had a fairly low-key week and there's not much to report! I will share a few Sammy/Elijah funnies and then sign out.

(copy/pasting this one directly from my food blog)
My camera broke (boo), so I brought it to the repair shop with my boys in tow. The nice gentleman at the counter was writing down my information, and Elijah and Sammy were sitting together in a chair being silly and laughing. Sammy stopped laughing and spoke into the silence, "Mommy, are you going to take your pants off?" ..crickets chirping.... I have to give the man credit because he did not flinch. I shot Sammy a mortified and confused look. Then again, but louder this time, "MOMMY! Are you going to take your pants off?!" Oh my goodness! Where did this come from? What must this man think of me? That removing my pants in public is a common event? "Thank you, ma'am, I will give you a call when your camera is ready."

The very next day, the following occurred!
While waiting for our oil to be changed, Sammy asks, in the presence of two older gentlemen, "Mommy? Does grandma have lots of ear wax??" 
Two more satisfied Sammy customers!

No comments: