Sunday, February 24, 2008

Better day!

Ok, so today was a totally different story. Elijah was happy and rested and a total peach for the entire day! He is still drinking a lot less fluid, but I think that's because he's eating more solids. He can eat SO MUCH solid food. He'll just keep going and going. So now we need to find a good balance so he still gets enough liquids. He suddenly just doesn't seem to be interested in his bottle. At all! And he doesn't have the hang of the sippy cup yet, so it's a bit frustrating trying to get liquids in his belly. He just wants to eat all the good stuff!

Thanks for all of your wonderful, encouraging comments. Kathy, you are right. This IS how it goes when babies are in heart failure. For as low as Elijah's sats are, I can't believe he's as "healthy" as he is. We are really very lucky in so many ways. I have no idea why he's not blue! He wasn't blue a year ago, either, when his sats were running between 65% and 69%. Weird!?

I know that if I called the Gman tomorrow, he would tell me, "I expect him to get more tired and to have a general decline in health over the next weeks. See you on March 19th!" So I think I'll hold off on calling unless something drastic happens.

We got out today and went to the Mall of America to have lunch and walk around a bit. I finally used my Christmas money from Dan's parents and bought a $98 pair of jeans! That's totally ridiculous, but Lucky Jeans are just so comfortable and they fit me perfectly. I hadn't bought a new pair of jeans in three years! THAT'S ridiculous. I'm so bad when it comes to buying clothes for myself. Anyway, Elijah was awesome and chilled in his stroller like a good boy. I love how he always puts his arm over the edge and opens his hand like he's feeling the wind move through his fingers.

Oh, have I mentioned that we're going to Florida this week? WE'RE GOING TO FLORIDA THIS WEEK! We leave on Wednesday and get home on Sunday. I'm going to a work conference and my boys are going to come with me! I'm really excited about the conference I'll be attending, and I'm also excited for WARM WEATHER. This has been one of the coldest winters I can remember in the eight years I've lived here. It's been ridiculous! I will have a little bit of free time, so we plan on going to the beach and soaking in the sun. We have to store up for the rest of dreadful winter. I have to say, though, it was actually very nice out today. It was like 20 degrees! It felt like we were in the tropics.

Here are some cute pics I took today.


I know I'm biased, but is that not the most beautiful face you've ever seen?


Mommy didn't comb my crazy hair today!


There's a funny story behind this picture. The red ball Elijah appears to be eating is a birthday gift from Auntie Lissa (which he absolutely LOVES, by the way) that sings the alphabet when you spin it around. So Elijah has these two other little balls that he loves to hold in his hands. If he drops one, he freaks out and picks it up quickly. He doesn't like to be without them, if they are in the vicinity. So he had one ball in each hand, as usual, but also wanted to spin the new cool ball to make it sing. He looked at each hand, looked at the big new fun ball and lowered his head and tried to spin it with his face so he wouldn't have to drop the littler balls out of his hands. I think I laughed for 10 minutes.






LOOK AT THOSE THUNDER THIGHS. I LOVE IT!


Can I bite into those?

14 comments:

jencooper said...

Yea! I am so glad to hear that Eli had a better day today! I love those thunder thighs. What a smart boy to figure out to roll it with his head!! I love it. Bennett has that same outfit....I love those clothes!!

<3,
Jen

Anonymous said...

What beautiful big eyes and chubby cheeks, just makes you want to smooch him all the time. Happy Birthday from Australia. XXXX

Samantha said...

Way to go with good days! I would also like to take a bite out of those chunky legs! LOVE IT! I am so glad that you get to escape to warmer weather. Enjoy yourself! Don't you think YOU would feel better if you just made the call and had Dr. G tell you what you know he will? Just wondering...you always say that to me!

Lots of love,
Samantha

Krista said...

Those are adorable pics...I can't get over the chubby legs. I'm thinking a video of Eli trying to spin the game with his face could have won you a lot of money on Funniest Home Videos...maybe you'll have to re-inact!

So glad he is feeling better today..he sure looks great! Wow...so are you close to mall of america...if so I'll have to add you to my list with kathy in vegas...you guys have so much more than us in boring Indiana!

Florida...Yeah...I'm sure you'll have a great time...has Elijah flown before?

Anonymous said...

I was worried about you guys and happy to hear Eli had a better day! Also happy that you get to go to FL...wish you could take us all with you! We need to get Elijah & Jacob together for an eating contest someday! It's amazing what those little bodies will pack away!!
~Cindy

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh...I could eat him up!!! No...you are not biased...he is adorable!!!
How cool that your boys get to come along!!! Soak it up mama!!! Glad he had a better day today! He looks great. Are you sure he has a heart defect??
I need to get that ball for Isaac...as soon as he can sit up and play with it. (we have a room FULL of toys just waiting for him to grow into them!!!)
What a good time for a getaway!
Don't work too hard...and have a blast!!!
Hugs from Vegas!
Kathy

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear Elijah had a better day. And, I'm glad to hear that you splurged a little on yourself...every woman needs a good pair of jeans, I always say. My husband thinks I'm crazy to think this...but, it's true! hehe. I hope Elijah will continue to do well up until his surgery. And, keep me updated about your flight experience to FL...would love some pointers when it's time for little Justin to fly.

Take care!

Jennifer

The Portas said...

We are very close to the Mall of America. Come visit us! And yes, Elijah has flown before. He was a perfect flier! We're just lucky because we happen to have the world's most laid back baby. Sitting on my lap and playing with a toy is heaven for him.

Sarah said...

Oh, those pic's are too cute - love babies with cute rolls! Enjoy your time together in the sun!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

What a sweet little punkin.

I'm jealous you get to go to Florida... I would LOVE to get the heck away.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

well, nice warm weather will be a change for you...
we don't have that excuse here in LV!

I am like you girl,
I never buy clothes for myself...

I am finally losing weight... so once I get to where I want...
I'll go shopping like crazy for some cute summer clothes.

woot!

Have fun in the Sunshine State!

Ehlan said...

Oooohhhhh..I just LOVE him! I almost went upstairs to wake Olivia up so she could see all of his cuteness...but she'll have to wait until tomorrow. She loves looking at Elijah's pictures and saying "BA BA!" (that's baby in Olivia speak)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...look at those thighs! Now that is what a baby should look like, nice and chunky. I have little miss stick legs over here...maybe Elijah can teach Arianna a thing or two about eating.

That is awesome that you're getting away and the boys get to go with you.

I wouldn't know what to do if it was in the 20's....I wouldn't leave the house!We are going to be in the 80's this week.

As far as contacting Gman...do what you feel is right. If you feel comfortable waiting...then wait. I always have people telling me what I should and shouldn't do and in all reality this is YOUR son and your a wonderful mommy, so you'll make the right decision. I'm keeping you guys in my prayers.

Oh and about your dream the other night....that is awesome! I would love to met you and hang out. I'm trying to convince Krista to met me and Kathy in Vegas...you should come to. That would be a great getaway!

The Portas said...

No convincing needed here. You tell me when and I'll be in Vegas!