Monday, February 18, 2008

Unwanted club membership

Being a part of this heart world is something that we never wanted. No one asks to be in this club. It's a world filled with uncertainty and worry and panic attacks and hospitals. But under the surface, there are actually perks of being a member. It allows us parents to experience a whole different dimension of life that would have otherwise gone unexplored. In our exploration of this new life, Dan and I have met so many amazing people. It has been invaluable getting to know other families who are dealing with similar issues and it's also very rewarding to be able to lend support to them when they need it. We are now a part of this club that no one wants to be in but at the same time we all love being in because the people we've met are EXTRAORDINARY and they have EXTRAORDINARY babies.

We have received so much love, kindness and support from people who we've never even met. We recently received a Valentine's Day package from Krista, mom of Angel Kate. It was so thoughtful and perfect! Thank you for your kindness, Krista. It has been such an honor to have gotten to know your precious baby girl before she had to go home to Heaven. Elijah adores his new book (and I plan on devouring the candy.....yummmmm). This sweet little book will be our way of having a part of Kate in our house forever.

Another one of my most favorite heart mamas, Samantha, has also been very thoughtful and giving throughout this journey. In addition to being an amazing source of support, she made and sent Elijah an embroidered VERY SOFT blanket a while back and now she's sending him a birthday gift! What a spoiled boy! Samantha, you have been one of my main sources of comfort in this journey.

I love all of you heart parents so much. I don't know what I'd do without you. Honestly. I get overwhelmed seeing the selfless generosity and kind words and encouragement coming from every one of you and I'm so thankful for it. I adore you all and I truly care about and love your precious babies. Thank you for the constant stream of amazing love and support and also for sharing your lives with us.

Ok, now we all need to meet in person! What a perfect excuse to go somewhere warm! Get ready, Kathy and Terri, we're all coming to your houses.

p.s. I just re-read this post and it totally appears like I'm saying that sending us gifts is the only thing that equals kindness. NNOoooo! Not what I meant. I just wanted to thank these two ladies for taking the time to send Elijah a little something, but I most definitely don't expect that in the least. From anyone! Reading an encouraging comment or knowing that someone said a special prayer for our boy or even just taking the time to read this blog is enough for me!


Enjoying the new book before bedtime. Thanks, Krista!


The book is perfect. It talks about how if our little boy weren't a part of our world, we'd have holes in our hearts. Aaw.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I know that this club was not one that we wanted to join, but there are so many good reasons to be in it...all of the families that we have had the honor to become friends with.

You have been one of my biggest supports through all this as well. You always have the right things to say and I just feel that I know you so well!

I cannot wait for a big get together soon! It will be so fun to meet everyone.

Lots of love,
Samantha

Krista said...

I can't tell you how much it TOTALLY WARMS MY HEART to see Elijah reading and smiling with that book! Something I totally needed today...so thank you for sharing the pics!

jencooper said...

Amen!! We didn't want a membership to this club, but I am so happy for all of the heart families that I have met. It has been an amazing source of comfort.

Your boy is a precious little butterball. It is a good thing that you don't live close - I would be kissing those fat rolls to death!!

<3,
Jen

Unknown said...

I too didn't expect to be apart of this club, but I'm become such a better person because of it. I've met strangers who've become like family.

Isn't Krista the sweetest? I so wish all us ladies lived closer. But I'm thinking we should plan a trip to met up at Kathy's...Vegas baby!!

Anonymous said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes....very well said! None of us expected or wanted to be members of this exclusive club, but thank God for these amazing little ones and their families! What a source of encouragement to know that we don't walk this path alone, and that there are others who completely understand. Thank you, Megan, for your notes of support in Emma's guestbook! I'm keeping your adorable little guy in my prayers.

Heart Hugs from Utah,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

Jenni said...

I couldn't have said it any better, and I echo the other sentiments already made.

I am so thankful for the support that I have been given by each of you and I truly hope to meet you all IRL one day!