Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More more more

I know I already posted today, but I have to brag about something, so you have to deal with me one more time. We have been letting Elijah watch Baby Signing Time videos for a few months now. We really want him to learn sign language so we can communicate with him before he can talk. He looooooves the videos. He smiles and giggles and dances and is in total baby heaven every time we let him watch them. So tonight I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner and Elijah was sitting in his high chair munching on some Cheerios. I started singing one of his favorite BST songs called More More More. In the middle of singing, I looked over and saw our smartypants boy doing the sign for MORE! I started squealing and clapping and yelling YAY ELIJAH! He looked at me like WHAT MOM?! OF COURSE I CAN DO THIS.

I love it!

8 comments:

Ehlan said...

WOnderful! Olivia likes the Baby Einstein signing video...I haven't seen the BST one!

Kathy said...

We have those dvd's too!
I can't belive it...he eats, he has teeth, he sits up...I"M SO JEALOUS!
YEAH FOR ELIJAH!!!
What a smarty pants. That was TOTALLY worth a second post....glad I came back to check!

Krista said...

Aren't those "I can do it" moments the absolute best about being a mommy! That's awesome...I've heard nothing bug awesome things about babies signing...in fact more and all done were the two Kate had...and with those two words...they can communicate a whole bunch!

Yeah..Yeah...Yeah!

jencooper said...

What a smart boy!! That is awesome.

PS - Thanks for adding Grace's link to your site. I added Elijah to our blogspot page!

Jen

Samantha said...

I am so proud of him! Yay!!! Micah just learned to sign more the other day too...

I am so happy you posted again...even though I have not had time to read through the first post yet...and here I am on the next day replying...I am getting bad at this.

Love,
Samantha

ThePicks said...

Yeah!! How exciting that must have been to see. Now that he's on board with sign language, when he starts talking he'll already be bilingual =)

Unknown said...

I love BST too. Just tonight out of the blue she was watching BST and she signed cereal for the first time. Then juice came on and she signed that as well. I haven't been able to get her to do it again but it was so cute to see. I just love her doing sign language. You will be amazed at how quickly they catch on. Good job Elijah!!

Anonymous said...

Not only is he cute, he's smart, too!!!! Now that he saw you get all excited over it I'm sure it will only be the beginning of him trying to do the new signs he learns. He'll want to impress his mommy!!! ~Cindy