Friday, February 29, 2008

Saturday in Miami

We finally found some time to get down to the beach for a bit. It is really nice and warm out today. Elijah loves the ocean! It's so cute how he looks around between the water and the sky and the sand and then squeals with delight. He loves the wind on his face. We felt bad bringing him inside but we didn't want him to get too hot. He's definitely not used to sunshine, being a Minnesota baby.

We had to do laundry at the hotel laundry facilities last night because Elijah threw up twice yesterday. We are thinking his molars are coming in and that may be the culprit (we hope). He had flushed cheeks (before we brought him in the sun) earlier today, but wasn't feeling warm. He was also a bit crabby but then we gave him some Tylenol and he immediately perked up. He has been great since and has been playing and chatting on his bed for 30+ minutes now without a single fuss, so who knows?! Let's hope it is just some teeth breaking through!

Right now Elijah is making a sound that reminds me of an owl I always used to hear outside my window when I lived in California. He's doing it over and over and over. So cute.

I LOVE SUNSHINE! I'm not too excited about getting back to the land of ice and snow.


Beautiful boy at the beach!



Yes, he could possibly be mistaken for a girl (and he was today).






Dan took this photo a moment after I dipped Elijah's feet in the ocean. HE HATED IT. Too cold, Mommy.





Perhaps one of the funniest photos ever taken of Elijah. He obviously did not like the sunglasses.





There is a pretty girl sitting to my right and Elijah is doing his usual flirty thing with her. We're in trouble.


Still flirting.


Thoroughly enjoying the hammock!








Abby could use your prayers right now. Colin, too. Thank you!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Beautiful Baby Boy for sure! He us adorable! Glad you guys had a chance to relax today. Sorry to hear that Eli got sick...I am hoping for molars too...I think I remember that is is MO when he is getting a tooth!

Lots of love,
Samantha

jencooper said...

I love the pics. Eli looked absolutely adorable. I hope that he is feeling much better and that it was just his silly teeth giving him fits. Have a safe flight back to the land of cold and snow!

<3,
jen

TimnKatienElinSam said...

love, love, LOVE the pictures! So adorable! Thank you for taking the time to share them. Have a safe trip back home and we hope to see you soon! Those darn teeth! We feel your pain!

Hugs,
Yoders

Ehlan said...

Oh looks like so much fun! He is sooo handsome!!

Unknown said...

What great pictures you guys took. I just love the ocean! I think the flirting picture is the cutest thing ever! Better watch out. I hope you guys have a good trip home.

Krista said...

Welcome home! I'm sure it's a bummer to be home...as you probably just got a taste of warm sunshine! Spring has GOT to be around the corner...except I heard more snow for us on Tuesday...and usually you get it first!

I loved all the pics of Eli in the sun...his smile just looked so natural. So glad you all got a little get-away in this weekend! Awesome!