Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Miami baby

We made it to Miami! Our flight was uneventful (aside from a little turbulence..ever since I started skydiving, for some reason I just don't like commercial flying as much as I used to. why is that?). It took us a while to get to our hotel because Mommy was a bad navigator. We finally got to our hotel to find out that the ONLY parking is valet and it costs $18/night! WHAT?! The reason we rented a car in the first place was to save $$ on taxis. Ug! Oh well, I guess we have to suck it up.

Elijah was a very good boy all day. I just can't believe what a well-behaved baby we have. I mean, yes, he definitely had his moments on the plane when he was tired, but for the most part? Unbelievably good! He's sleeping right now and Dan and I are getting ready to watch American Idol with a little room service. We are all going to sleep well tonight!

It's "cool" here today (60's! That's HOT to us!) and all the locals are complaining. I think it's supposed to get nicer, so hopefully we can get out to the pool/beach sometime. Tomorrow morning I'll be heading to my day full of conferences that I'm excited about! The boys will be hanging out and getting into trouble without me.

Thanks for checking in! This internet connection is reeeeeeeallllly slow, so I apologize if I don't get a chance to check up on all of my favorite blogs! xoxoxoxo

8 comments:

Samantha said...

I am glad that you made it there safe and sound. You guys have a great time! Glad the flight went well...I know that you only like to be on planes that you are allowed to jump out of! Have fun and I hope you get a chance to get to the beach! I would love to hear how Elijah likes the sand (or does not like the sand).

Love ya!
Samantha

Kathy said...

i LOVE Miami...gosh...I wish I was there with you guys!
What a sweetie pie..being good on the plane!
I'm sure he and Dan will have some good naps tomorrow while you're at conference!
On the Today show this morning....they showed a guy sky diving with a webbed suit on....he's trying to fly! You should look it up when you get back home...I thought about you...I"M SO AFRAID OF HEIGHTS.....I couldn't do it. I'd have a heart attack and just die!
Have a fun week!!!
Enjoy the sunshine!
Kathy

TimnKatienElinSam said...

yay for FL! We are SO jealous, but it makes us happy to picture Elijah splashing in a pool :) Relax and enjoy each other!

Hugs,
katie and the boys

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got there safely and are having nice weather. Hopefully it will warm up in MN by the tim you get home and you won't have a big shock to your system!!

Have a great time! I'm glad you didn't jump out of the airplane!!!!

~Cindy

Krista said...

Have a great weekend...enjoy the conference...but enjoy the sights...the weather and your boys even more! Can't wait for pictures of Eli in the sun!

Ehlan said...

Wonderful! Get some sun for me!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys! So happy you are getting a nice warm break before Eli's next procedure. Hey Meg - your flying thing might just be because you know a few skydivers that are pilots in real life!(Bubba...DeadbugDoug...) subconsciously you are probably nervous they might be your Capt'n! Hehehe! :-)
Have a wonderful time! Looking forward to pictures when you get back.
Hugs,
Tammy

Ann(ie) said...

I'm a little slow. I guess I didn't realize you were a skydiver. My boy is named after our friend Ben who was a skydiver. He passed away a few years ago from pancreatic cancer, but skydiving made him SO happy for so long!!!! He loved the sport, the people, the comraderie. xo.