Friday, February 15, 2008

So mad at Mama!

Tonight when I got home from work I decided to perform a little test. We have been trying to show Elijah that he needs to WORK to get some things, since he seems so content staying wherever we put him. We can't always just place everything he wants right in front of him. So I brought him to his bedroom and put his play table on one side of him (just out of his reach) and his walker toy on the other side of him (just out of reach), thinking he might make some sort of effort to get to one of them. He looked at each toy, looked at me, gave me a pouty lower lip and started to cry his head off. I finally saved him after about five minutes of this because I only get an hour and a half a night with him the way it is. I'm not going to spend the whole time watching him be so unhappy! It took him a while before he warmed back up to me. He was so mad! Maybe I shouldn't have been taking pictures of his displeasure, either. (Sorry some of these pics are blurry. Our camera takes horribly blurry pics in low light. Arg, wish we would have known that before we spent hundreds of dollars on a camera!)


Mommy, Noooooo! Don't make me work!


I'm just gonna lie here and rest. And cry. This is too exhausting.


Thank goodness Mama rescued me. Sucker!


I'll think about forgiving you.


Here's a tiny smile.


Here's a pretty smile. I love you! Don't make me do work anymore.

I know eventually we do have to let him cry so he starts moving around. He's just so content!

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Girl...ALL three of my boys are like that. They'd just lay on the floor and cry...such babies!
Good for you for giving it a try...these babies know that they have us wrapped around their fingers!
He's SO freakin' cute~! He could totally be a girl!!!
Have fun with him this weekend!
And...look at him on his tummy! That in itself is a treat!

Anonymous said...

Mean mama!! You'll always be a bad guy when you try to do the "tough love" thing, so get used to it!!! You'll always be forgiven, too, as that big, beautiful smile shows!! What a cutie!! I've taken the "tantrum on the floor" pictures of Jacob, too. They're priceless...they throw their whole selves into it, don't they!!
Take care,
~Cindy

Samantha said...

SO CUTE!!! Leah still will not get up to go get something if someone else is willing to do it for her. The way I see it...spoil away...rescue away...he LOVES you!

Make sure to keep the pictures up! We love them.

Have a great weekend...I better go rescue my little one that I hear crying!

Love,
Samantha

Ann(ie) said...

heeeheeeeeeeeee. Been there my friend. recently. Those are the cutest pictures!!!

Tracy said...

I'm linking here from your comment on Dooce. Elijah is the cutest!!!

Ehlan said...

that's so funny...what a sweet smile!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,

Thanks so much for visiting Emma's site! Your little Elijah is absolutely adorable!!! It is so nice to "meet" another heart family. (I've actually stopped by your blog before, from Arianna's, but just recently learned how to post a comment! ha!)

I will be keeping your cutie in my thoughts and prayers, especially with his upcoming heart cath.

Heart Hugs from Utah,
Wendy (& Emma, too!) ~ 2-years-old, 6q25.3-qter deletion, TOF (2nd OHS scheduled 2/27/08)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

ahhh haaaa haaaa..
that is funny....
he's so sweet...

like Kathy said... these little guys totally know how to have us wrapped around their little fingers.... the little stinkers..
hee hee

Samantha said...

Hi There...I just wanted to let you know that I gave your blog site to another heart mama here in Dallas. Her daughter just had her big repair for TOF and is looking for some others who understand her.

I am anxiously awaiting another post from you with MORE pictures! I cannot get enough of that precious boy.

By the way...be on the lookout in the mail...there is a bday gift on its way for a very special little boy!

Love,
Samantha

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute!