Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Could every week please be like this one?


Standing all by himself! He's getting better and better every day. Tomorrow he has a PT appointment and a speech evaluation. (Look at the fluffy Elvis hair! Another haircut needed soon.)

I haven't written anything in a few days, but that is because we have been having a drama-free, low-key week. Every night this week we have had dinner together as a family, which is something we hardly ever do in the summer with Dan working so much in the evenings. I love it. It is so important to me that we all sit down together at the end of the day to eat a healthy meal. The weather has been gorgeous, so we have been taking walks to the park every day after I get home from work. Elijah giggles his way through all of the swinging and wagon riding. I finally have some help at work with a few projects so that has helped my mood tremendously. I was beginning to feel like I was swimming through quicksand every time I walked into my office. It has been a really positive week.


THIS is the rocket I point to all the time


Finger in belly button


Reading my big book



I woke up at 5:00 this morning crying my eyes out because of a dream I was having. It was a good dream. In it, Dan and I were sitting in the church in my hometown, Manning, Iowa. It is a pretty big church with a big congregation, and we were sitting toward the middle and it was packed. It was about halfway through worship when my dad got up in front to announce something. He grabbed the microphone and said, "Megan and Dan, I just want you to see something. I want you to see how loved Elijah is, and how loved you both are. Now, could everyone in here who has ever prayed for our little Elijah please raise your hand?" I looked around and EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the church had their hand raised. I put my face in my hands and cried. It was so moving. I couldn't stop the tears. I woke up crying into my pillow. I didn't stop crying for at least ten minutes. I knew it was true. Many many people have prayed for our baby. It feels so good knowing this. So, THANK YOU, everyone who has lifted our little boy up in prayer. You have made such a difference in our lives. We have felt your prayer surround us, and we are so grateful.


He has been really interested in exploring his body. It cracks me up. Yesterday he found his nostrils and was wedging his fingers up them as far as he could. Then he started folding his ears in half. Here, he's checking out his belly and hair at the same time.


His eyes are also very intriguing because he pokes his fingers in them constantly. Last night at dinner he was poking so hard at them that I actually started to get worried. He's just checking everything out!

12 comments:

ThePicks said...

Nice Elvis hair indeed, love it! What cute fun photos of him reading the book! Now I understand why you said you were crying when you woke up; glad to hear there was a happy reason for the tears. It is just fabulous to see him standing up next to the couch; next thing you know he'll be ready to tackle the stairs! Hooray for having a good week!

Love,
-The RA

my life: said...

I have so much to say about this post...
First: Why do I LOVE him so much? (besides the obvious) :^) Honestly, this little one grabbed my heart the minute I laid eyes on your blog...
Second: I want that book...that looks fabulous!
Third: body parts...too funny! I LOVE this stage...the eyes always get me too....I'm always saying.."careful with your eyes honey!" :^)
Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us....

jencooper said...

Look at that belly!! Oh my goodness! I want to come and blow zerberts all over it!! I could eat him up!

It is so nice to hear the good in your blog. You are sounding like Megan again!!

And - we all LOVE that little boy (okay, okay - your whole little family) and will continue to pray for him!!

Love ya!!

Tina:0) said...

We're with ya on the discovering of body parts! Vaeh has played with 'both' her belly buttons (lol), her hair, poked the eyes, &... the finger up the nose! She does this even with her cannula on! He is too cute! I agree with Jennifer - zerberts all around that round little belly!

What a great reason (if any) to be crying! Know that our hands are up too & will continue to be!

Much love, hugs/ kisses & zerberts!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Elijah what a big boy standing all by himself. I am so glad you are having a good week it really helps when everything can go smoothly. Keep up the good work. Hugs Karen

Samantha said...

I LOVE the pictures. He is just adorable and I simply want to take a big bite out of him! He looks fantastic! Thank you for the update...I can't stand to be away from my little Elijah! I am so happy that you are having good times again...and I am with Jennifer...we have our old Megan back...woo hoo!

Much love,
Samantha

Kathy said...

I LOVE ELIJAH! Every single thing about him! I love his fluffy hair, I love that he's SO stinkin' smart, he's standing, he's so interested in his surroundings....Thanks for always sharing these specials moments!

NOW...I hope he doesn't decide to shove one of those small cars up his nose! I can't wait until these two boys get to meet!!!

Take care..enjoy your LOW KEY week!!!
love,
kathy

Krista said...

I love the great reports...and what a little man he is! You have a great way of capturing pics of him that just make us feel like we're with him everyday!

Yeah Elijah...sending hugs

Unknown said...

Look at him standing! Way to go Elijah!

I had tears in my eyes just reading your dream. Yes, we have all prayed for Elijah so much. He is such a special little man.

Give him some love from us!

Andrea said...

What a sweet dream! We have said many prayers for Elijah too. I'm glad you guys are having a great week!

Anonymous said...

Your dream was very real...there are so many people in love with that boy and only want goodness for him. We pray for him daily.

Glad things are so normal over there. It's so great to hear you so happy and just enjoying your family. You so deserve it!

Love ya!

Cindy

mina said...

Elijah really is a special little guy! I love this set of pics, you can see how he is developing a little more of that adorabe personality everyday. Keep the photos coming, please!