Monday, September 22, 2008

Spaghetti face


I love spaghetti, can't you tell?

Elijah has been a little bit more fussy than usual today. We think his molars are coming in, and we are hoping that is the cause of the fussiness. He had a very slight temp this morning (37.1 degrees C) but otherwise has felt pretty good and hasn't had any other cold symptoms.


Hmmmmm, what comes after spaghetti?

He has been doing a really cute thing with me the past couple days. As you all know, I love kissing his chubby, soft neck. He has always loved the anticipation of kisses and tickles more than the kisses and tickles themselves, I think. Often, I will say, "ba-ba-ba-ba" as I move in to the chubby neck to smooch on him. He anticipates it and giggles like crazy. Well, the past two days, he has shown me that he wants me to do that. He will lean his head way back and he will start saying, "ba-ba-ba-ba" all by himself, telling me he wants my smooches. He is asking me to do what I love to do the most: kiss on the juiciest, most wonderful neck in the world! I love it!


This is what we call the "yogurt face." We always give him yogurt at the END of the meal because if he eats it first, he won't eat anything else. HE LOVES YOGURT. The arm flapping is totally crazy once he spots the yogurt container.

We are still trying to figure out daycare for the week. Our friend Karla is SO GENEROUSLY driving down to our house tomorrow on her DAY OFF to watch Elijah so Dan can work (thank you, Karla, we appreciate your time so very much!). I think he's going to have to take the rest of the week off, unfortunately, but there's not much we can do about it. It stinks. I wish all you generous heart mamas lived closer. You are all so generous with your offers to help out with our sweet boy. :)

7 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

Look at your boy in his big boy chair with his big boy plate! Ben would have had that plate face down on the ground in about 4 seconds. Does Elijah give classes on how not to huck your food at the wall?

Kathy said...

I love his spaghetti face!!! I'd munch on that neck too!!!

He's growing so fast...and he's so darn smart! I love it!
Thanks for sharing the pics!

Tina:0) said...

You all just need to move down to Ohio & I'll watch Elijah! He & Vaeh could have all kinds of play dates!

Aren't spaghetti faces fun?! I just love it when Vaeh smears it all over her face! Although it usually ends up in her hair, & everywhere else!

Plant some smooches on that neck for me!

Ehlan said...

I hear you with crabby, teething, molars! :) Hopefully they pop through fast for Elijah!

I wish I lived closer too so I could watch him! I think I'd have to keep a close eye on him and Olivia though... :)

Anonymous said...

I think we'd all be fighting over who got to watch that boy if we lived near you! who wouldn't want the chance to munch on that neck for awhile!!

Love ya,

Cindy

Mami Adame said...

Can you imagine what would happen if we all met up one day? Our kids would be overwhelmed with hugs and kisses!
I think I'd have to take a turn at his scrumptious cheeks!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

*giggling*
He is just tooooo cute...

Kiss him for me!