Monday, September 8, 2008

More balloon love

Today Elijah added to his animal sounds. His sound for a chicken (cluck cluck) is "gung gung." He is retaining a lot of information right now and he is trying to express it all in his own way. When we're eating dinner, he points at everything around us. The wall, the ground, the table, the light, the ceiling, the plant on the table, me, the living room, outside, the kitchen. I am constantly reciting things. "Yes, that is a wall. And a plant. And a light. And a shoe...." I love it. He is interested and eagerly learning about the world around him. This is such a positive sign for his development.

I know I say this a lot, but he is such a sweet little person. His demeanor is so gentle and sweet, and it is such a pleasure to be around him. After I put him to bed every night, I feel such a warmth in my heart and I go downstairs and gush to Dan about how lucky we are. I am so happy that God gave us this special little person to care for. He is our little miracle and I love him very much.


Remember how I mentioned the balloon that he was in love with? Well, now he's even more in love! If he is sitting up and playing with toys, he still likes to hold the balloon close to his face with one hand as he plays with the other hand.


Check out the fluffy hair! He has such great hair. So much body. So many girls would kill for that.


Do you want to stir the soup, Mama?


I'm not letting go of my balloon. The soup is almost ready.

10 comments:

Tina:0) said...

TOO CUTE!!! I think I could munch on those cheeks all day! By the looks of it, you could have a Chef in training on your hands!

Isn't it so much fun when they start taking everything in?! Vaeh's speech is taking off! Soon we'll have to call her Gabby, Jr.!

Hope you guys have a great week! Give that man love from me!

Hollie said...

The balloon thing is just adorable! I think it's so great when little ones start talking. You wait so long for them to start, and then one day you'll look back and wonder if there is any way to stop the talking! lol! He sure is a cutie, I agree with Tina, his cheeks are VERY munchable!!
Hugs,
Hollie (and Elaina too!)

Colin's Blog said...

Awww-what a cutie. That is hysterical with all the toys he has he wants to play with a balloon. Colin is such a lovie too-they've been sick for so long and need so much love. Happy to hear that he is so curious these days!!

Melanie & Colin

my life: said...

So....I'm a bit nervous...what happens when it's gone? We need to transfer the affection....quick! ;^)

Too cute....as always, you know he holds my heart!

Kathy said...

oh..let me munch on those fat cheeks!!! Do you think he'd mind??
Megan...you are lucky to have such a sweet little man...and he's lucky to have picked you guys to be his parents. It's a win-win situation...
I hope you have a back up balloon in case that one pops!
YIKES...I hope that doesn't happen!

Tracy said...

It's so much fun when little ones start being so interested in their surroundings, eager to learn. Soon he'll be copying your words ... Pictures are adorable. His hair looks so soft ... I feel like reaching out and running my fingers through it :).

mina said...

Elijah looks cuter every day! It cracks me up to see the whisk with his balloon, at that age all my kids thought cooking utensils were waaaaaay more fun than colorful toys. If I'd realized, I could have saved tons of money spent on expensive plastic toys!

Elijah really is a wonderful little guy. Now we'll see if you survive the terrible twos just as well, hah!

Samantha said...

I love the pictures! He is such a sweet boy...you can tell that he has that sweet demeanor just from his eyes and expressions on his adorable little face. You are so lucky to have him...we are all so lucky to know you and him (even though only a few have gotten to meet you in person :))

Much love,
Samantha

jencooper said...

Sorry I am lagging behind!!

That kid is such a cutie pie. I want to smooch him so badly!!

Isn't God amazing? Our children are such blessings. Nothing like the joy in our heart because of our kids.

<3,
Jennifer

Ann(ie) said...

I totally love his hair!! And he keeps on a baseball cap??? I wish I could get Ben to.