Sunday, September 28, 2008

Elijah is trying to kill his mama

One of my best friends in the world, Missy, had a sweet little baby girl in August. Saturday night, all of us girls who were roommates in college (minus one..we missed you, Kendis!) met up in a central location to see baby Addison and to have some quality friend time. We ate dinner and then shared a cocktail together and spent the night in a hotel by the lake. I love these girls so much. They have been such a huge support to me through many many things over the years and I don't know what I would do without them. I was so happy to be able to see them and I'm excited that I get to see most of them again this coming weekend! We are all spread out across Minnesota and Iowa, so it is always a treat when we get to see each other.



Dan was at the dropzone all weekend in hopes of working, but the weather prevented him from even getting a single jump. ARGGGHhh! Because he was gone, I drove Elijah down to my sister's house on Saturday before heading to Iowa to meet up with my girls. He spent the night getting totally loved on by my sister and her family. Lucky boy! I drove back up to her house this morning to get him and we made it back home by about 11:00. Once we got home, Elijah turned into Beastly Baby. He was sooo crabby. He was constantly screaming, fussing or throwing things, which is completely unlike him. He took a really good, long nap but still woke up super fussy and acting upset. He didn't have a fever or any other cold symptoms, so I guess it could be teeth coming in. The more likely answer is that he was "punishing" me for leaving him last night. When I left Lissa's house, I remember looking back as cousin Emma was pushing him in his stroller and he was giving me the saddest, most confused look. It was like he was thinking, How could you really be leaving me right now? I actually cried a little as I drove away because that look broke my heart.


He loves this little chainsaw toy. It's super loud and annoying, but it amuses him.

I put him to bed a little bit early tonight in hopes that he can sleep off this crabbiness and be a new man in the morning. In the back of my mind, I always wonder if there could be an underlying reason for him acting differently. Could it be his heart? Should I be worried? It gets tiring always having to worry about that, but we continue to always pray for the best for the chunky man.


Elijah, if you see that I have posted this picture someday and get embarrassed about it, I'm sorry! It's just so funny! He isn't actually picking his nose, this is just what he does when you ask him where his nose is. It's so funny.

Thanks for checking in on us! I'm going to go sit my butt in the LoveSac and do NOTHING for a couple hours.


Not full of a whole lot of smiles tonight, but still the cutest baby I've ever seen.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope you put a nice indention in that lovesac...you deserve it!

Grumpy Elijah...I can't believe it! You must be talking about some other baby!!! Maybe he is just mad...could he be so clever already?? Oh my! You'll have to start coming home bearing gifts...

I'm glad that you got to have a girls night out.

I hope Mr. Grumpy loses those grumpy pants and finds his Mr. Happy pants tomorrow!!

Tina:0) said...

I'm glad to see that my girl isn't the only one who puts her finger up her nose! (lol)

I agree with Kathy - maybe he's just a clever little man!

Hope the "doing nothing" was a nice break! Love on that little man for me!

Unknown said...

So nice to see you out with your girlfriends!

Oh the finger up the nose picture is going is priceless! He will hate you for this one day Megan. :)

Give little man some love from us!

mina said...

Great to know you had a great time with your girlfriends, but sorry that Elijah gave you such a hard time! I'm sure it's nothing a few extra hugs and kisses can't fix. There's no way you could resist that cute little chubby face anyway!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Sorry to hear your lil man is crabby... And yes I can understand your concern when this happens!
Just love him and you will know in your heart when he isnt well...
Just remember.. he is a boy and they ar known drama queens.. *snigger*

Samantha said...

OKAY...this has NOTHING to do with his heart...this is called THE TERRIBLE TWOS!!! Did no one tell you that the terrible twos really start around age 14-15 months old???? You have a NORMAL toddler on your hands! They do this...and it is working :) I really know that he is just fine...this is what he is suppose to be doing my friend!

Okay...on to better things...he is PRECIOUS! I love him! He is so darn cute it is ridiculous! I am also so happy you got to go and visit with your friends...you deserve to have a fun time! Glad that Elijah had fun with his aunt and cousin...sorry he gave you the sad face :(

Much love!
Samantha

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you have to worry that Elijah is sick when he isn't acting like himself. We were just doing that last weekend with Drew. I guess it's always in the back of our minds...Hoping he's in a much better mood today!