Friday, September 25, 2009

End-of-week stuff

Another oldie taken by our friend Ronda (sorry I altered it in Photoshop a bit, Ronda, don't sue me!) when Elijah was about 16 months old.



Elijah woke up early in the night last night with a very mild croup episode. This is Round 2 for the winter already, but both Rounds 1 and 2 have been much milder than his episodes early last winter (I use the word "winter" very loosely). We are counting on the typical post-croup snotty nose and cough for at least the next week or so.

Hopefully he will be feeling better by next Friday because the two of us are flying to California to visit my mom! I can't wait! We are very sadly leaving Dan behind so he can work. We will miss having him with us (especially when on that 4-hour plane ride, gulp), but we want for him to get as much work as he can while people are still jumping out of airplanes here in Minnesota.

Some quick funnies from our week..

This morning Elijah was watching Handy Manny while I got ready for work. Manny was working on fixing a coo-coo clock, so Elijah said (and repeated about a hundred times), "Poo-poo clock!" He had the most serious look on his face, so I tried to take him very seriously as I repeated back to him, "Yes, coo-coo clock!"

I can't remember if I have mentioned this yet, but Elijah has been very into kissing lately. He often kisses a lot of different toys and random objects, and any other pair of lips that is willing to smooch him back. The best thing about his kisses is that he makes the most perfect smacking sound every time he does it. I have to get this on video. That will be one of my goals for the weekend.

I must have mentioned the beach when I was telling Elijah about our upcoming California trip the other night because apparently he knows exactly what it is. He took one of our photo books off the shelf and he has been opening it to the page with photos from our one and only family trip to the beach when he was 11 mos old. He gazes longingly at the pictures while proclaiming, "BEACH!" If Dan or I attempt to close the book, or turn the page, he gets upset. So, dearest beaches of San Diego, I hope you are ready for Elijah! He is very excited to see you! He might even try to kiss you.

Elijah and I had plans set for our weekend but those may change now that he is sick. We shall see where the road takes us! Everyone have a safe and enjoyable weekend.

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Can't wait to see Elijah's new video!

Hopefully your little man will soon be feeling better.

Have a fun-filled and healthy weekend! xoxo

Tracy said...

Very cute picture (but, really, how can Elijah not take a cute picture?) ... Dominic has that same shirt :). Glad to hear you are all doing well ... hope Elijah's croup doesn't turn into much. Have a great weekend!

Kathy said...

Where at in CA are you flying?? We HAVE to meet Eljah one day...maybe your mom could share??