Friday, September 4, 2009

I had no idea how much mileage we would get out of this flimsy piece of paper

He loves his Oink Booth crown to pieces. He eats with it on..



..and rests with it on..



He couldn't understand why I would be so mean as to make him take it off for bath time last night.

And when his crown isn't around, he will settle for a swim diaper..



We have nothing planned for our holiday weekend, strangely. Or maybe not so strangely, since we are all either sick or recovering from sickness and because our lives kind of revolve around Dan's work in the summer. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about Dan getting work. Work = money = good!

If Dan starts feeling better (he is in rough shape today, my poor hubby) he will work all weekend while Elijah and I galavant about town. Maybe my sidekick and I will go to the zoo, maybe we will go swimming, maybe we will stop by the dropzone for a visit. Who knows?!

Have a fun, safe weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you had me laughing. I just love all the pictures. I swear I just want to reach through the screen and kiss him.

Enjoy your relaxing weekend. And get lots of rest and get to feeling better soon.

Karen

The Smith's said...

That diaper-on-the-head pic is so adorable! What a sweet boy! Hope you all are feeling better very soon. Sick = yuck!

Cecilia said...

Your little man looks so adorable and cute with his posh oink booth crown and swim diaper ... lol I wish I could reach through the screen to hug and kiss him.

Have a good weekend!

Cecilia said...

Your little man looks so adorable and cute with his posh oink booth crown and swim diaper ... lol I wish I could reach through the screen to hug and kiss him.

Have a good weekend!

Cecilia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Thanks for posting the cute pics!
Who put that diaper on his head?? Did he do that??

That little guy knows what he likes and doesn't.

Have fun this weekend with your peanut.

Tell Elijah that his Snot/Croup monster is TRYING to play with Isaac and I don't like it one bit. Ask him if he could lock that monster in the closet please.

Hugs to you guys!
kathy

Wendy said...

Megan,

Just when I think your little man couldn't get any cuter! I loved the new photos with his hat (and the diaper, too! ha!)

The day Emma started pre-school it was actually her 3rd birthday and the teacher had made her a paper birthday crown. She loved that crown and would put it on all by herself for months after her birthday, until one day she discovered that it was even more fun to tear it up into tiny pieces!!! I couldn't believe it, and I was even a bit sad...funny how you can get attached to silly things, huh?! :) Seeing Elijah in his hat made me think of that!

I hope you guys all get well soon! Have a great weekend! Give that adorable boy a big hug from us!

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

Amy said...

Just found your blog through Jillian's page. Your little guy is adorable! May I link your site to my blog? I am also a cardiac patient (just celebrated birthday number 27) and am getting to know others on the internet.

Good luck to you all and continued good heart health for Elijah!

Amy
www.prairiestreetretreat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

so cute. glad sickness didn't keep you from the fair! Ugh, I hope the portas have a sick-free week!

Miss ya, luv, Kendis

Sarah said...

Hope his oink hat made it through all the live and lasted the weekend. Hopefully everyone is feeling better tonight.