Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Potpourri

I glossed over last weekend's happenings because we didn't do much. I spent a lot of the weekend not feeling well, so I was thankful that Dan had taken the weekend off work. We went to a wedding on Saturday and spent the rest of our time hanging out at home.

This week has been normal. Well, except for the fact that I'm still not feeling great. Dan has been home, I have been able to get a little friend time, Dan has been able to get a little friend time, Elijah has been healthy, we have been able to get to PT/speech on both of our scheduled days. This coming weekend will be filled with work for Dan and with Elijah-Mommy time for my sidekick and me.

We found out this week that Elijah no longer qualifies for speech therapy. This is good because it means he has made huge strides in his communication. It is bad because he still has a long way to go and now he isn't going to get all the help we believe he still needs. His speech therapist countered our insurance company with a long list of reasons why he still needs weekly therapy. They settled on approving speech therapy every other week for six more months. We'll take it. Dan and I have made a pact to sit down for an hour with Elijah on the "off" weeks and do a formal speech therapy session with him to make up for what he will be missing.

We have some good news! The pneumococcal booster shot that Elijah received in July has helped to create the antibodies that he was lacking. This is great great news, especially with cold/flu season upon us. YAY!

I've been a slacker with picture-taking lately. Sorry! I'll post some new ones soon. I hope you all are having a good, healthy week.

Here are some oldies, just for fun. Elijah was one year old here. Time flies!





5 comments:

Cecilia said...

Megan, I hope you feel better soon.

Ohhh look at his adorable and handsome face, I love all those pictures.

Take good care of yourselves and have a nice & healthy week!

Sending our love and blessings your way! xoxo

Pam said...

These photos are phenomenal! He's such a big light!!! Thanks for putting a smile on my face today Elijah!

Megan, I hope you feel better soon. Miss you so much!

Unknown said...

Congradulations on the goods news Yeah! I am glad the booster shot helped him.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. And I always love seeing photos of Elijah. Him and Logan are alot of like when it comes to the camera always smiling :)

mina said...

'Nomral' weeks rock! Love the old pics, especially the bright colors.

Wow, it sounds Elijah has made a lot of progress with speech in a pretty short time. That's a great thing. And every other week speech is better than none!

Sarah said...

Aren't insurance companies a pain? Sigh... The booster shot news is awesome! Hope your all feeling much better this weekend!