Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Summer, please don't go!



I'm pretty sure the absolutely perfect weather from this past weekend was God's way of saying, "I'm sorry, my dear Minnesotans, for the really strange, often cool and sometimes cold weather I have bestowed upon you this summer." We could not have asked for a more beautiful weekend. Perfect perfect perfect.



In short, our holiday weekend involved: a zoo outing, swimming, dropzone visiting, mucho skydiving (working) for Dan, more Oink Booth crown wearing, Sesame Street watching, airplane loving, flirting (Elijah only) and sickness shedding (all of us, slowly).



Elijah is entering a stage where so much of what he does and says is really funny. He has been in love with Sesame Street ("Eet") lately. We had the time to watch a little bit of Eet before bed each night we were at home, and in one episode Elmo was having a fun time taking pictures and talking about cameras. The next day, in the car, I turned around to see Elijah holding a cassette tape up to his face while looking through the middle window and saying, "CHEESE!"



When we are at the dropzone, Elijah knows that when the airplane takes off Dan is probably in it. Yesterday the two of us laid down in our camper to take a quick nap before we headed back home. Elijah had been sleeping solidly for about 30 minutes when the plane took off (we can hear it very well from inside our camper). I heard him lift his head and say, "Bye bye Daddy!" and then fall back asleep.



I noticed some giant leaps in his speech development over the weekend. He is starting to say more complex words and some of the words that he typically doesn't say very clearly are becoming more clear. "Dada" is now "Daddy." "Eee" (his word for "three," and usually said with his mouth closed) is now "Fee." He is also starting to say more two-syllable words than he has ever attempted before. It's very exciting!

We have a pretty low-key week ahead of us, which sounds just lovely. Thanks for checking in on our little boy and I hope everyone has a great short week!

7 comments:

mina said...

What a perfect weekend! I hope you get a few more of those in before the summer is replaced by the inevitable Minnesota winter.

It sounds like Elijah is going through the cutest stage right now, you HAVE to get some of that on video! Awesome progress with the speech!

Tina:0) said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!! Looks like we aren't the only one's who have "fish" (Mr. Elijah in that pool;0)

I love the hats in the last post - too cute! Vaeh likes to put clothes on her head while I'm folding laundry... I'll have to try for a picture!

Hope you have a good week & continue to feel better!!

Unknown said...

You guys had a really nice weekend. I just love all of the photos of Elijah, He is just so sweet.

He is really making stirdes in his speech that is so awesome, Keep up the good work E.

Kathy said...

oh...he's so stinkin' cute.
will we ever meet in person little E???

I'll probably have a heart attack when Isaac starts talking to me. You must be gleaming with delight!!!

gleam away mama...you have one smart peanut on your hands!!!

glad you had a nice, warm weekend!!!

Cecilia said...

Really happy for Elijah's great improvement in speech.

Sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend!

Your little man is so cute that I always want to smooch him!!!

my life: said...

What an AMAZING weekend!
I love ALL of it!!!
Could Grace get some private lessons in speech? :0)

jennifer said...

So happy to hear about Elijah's speech development and that your family is on the mend with the sick thing. I share the same sentiment as you about summer, "Please, don't leave us!"