Thursday, September 3, 2009

State Fair 2009

Since my stomach bug has given me very ill thoughts toward any type of food, I am still having a hard time thinking and/or talking about our Fair experience earlier this week. I won't go into detail about what we ate because I enjoy not having to run to the bathroom with my hand cupped over my mouth. Just trust me when I say we had some yummy treats. I guess the pictures will give some of it away.

Elijah ate an enormous corn dog!



He definitely dug the Oink Booth crown much better this year. In fact, he wants to wear it at home all the time, even though I've had to do a couple surgeries on it already.



His love for the crown was a pleasant surprise for us, because remember how he felt about it last year? He was so distraught that he had to seek comfort from his belly button.



Cookies, milk and pigs (or "kigs," as Elijah calls them)! What could be better?



This is what's better. A cookie in each hand!



And a gooey, chocolatey face and hands.



Elijah totally fell in love with a band that we stopped to listen to for a bit (no idea who it was). He bravely crawled down the aisle to try to get to the stage and was not happy when we eventually pulled him away.



So many tractors! Have I mentioned that Elijah now says the word "tractor" perfectly? Some other more difficult words that I have heard come out of his mouth this week: "scissors," "turtle" and "cracker."



We stayed up way past his bedtime, hence the sleepiness on the ride home. Notice he still has a bit of a cookie stuck to his hand, hee hee.



We are still battling sickness in our house. Although better, I am not feeling normal yet. Dan appears to possibly be getting whatever I had (nooo!) and Elijah is still mildly coughy and snotty. Welcome to the Sickness Season of 2009-2010, I guess.

5 comments:

theologicum monasticum said...

I am so sorry to hear that you all are feeling icky. Can you believe how fast fall has come and with it the dreaded cold/flu season?! Darn! I was just stating to enjoy getting out and now we have to get back to Yoder lockdown :( I am glad you got the chance to enjoy the fair. We miss you guys, think of you often, and hope to see you again soon.

Love,
Katie and the boys

Tina:0) said...

Okay, no more sickies for you!! I'm sending healthy vibes your way;0)

I'm so glad to see that you influence Elijah with the correct kind of tractor! I was raised "if it ain't green, it don't run!"

Hope you all have a "feel better, no more sickies" weekend!

Andrea said...

So sorry you guys are battling sickness. Yuck! I hope it goes away soon. It looks like you had a great time at the fair though! I love Elijah sweet face and I think it's so cute that he still wants to wear his oink booth crown!

Cecilia said...

I love all those pictures of your little man, he is absolutely cute and adorable!

Hope you all are feeling better soon.

Sending our love and blessings your way.

Have a sickness-free weekend!

Kathy said...

OH...I hope you can all get over the sickies!
at least you did make it to the fair!

Do you know that we don't get a fair here....
I miss going to them!
Cookies will for SURE make you all feel better.

Hug that cutie pie tight for me!