Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ninja moves

Our camera has been revived, but I haven't taken any new photos. Here is a fun oldie, taken exactly one year ago.



Do you ever have moments where you just know an angel was sitting next to you, waiting to give you a hand? I had one of those moments last night, and I can't stop thinking about it. I set Elijah on one of the chairs at our dining room table so he could watch the iTunes visualizer on the computer while he listened to his music (he loves doing this). I went to scootch (how in the world do you spell that? scooch?) him in toward the table when one of the chair legs caught the edge of one of the tiles on the floor and he started falling sideways, head first toward the floor. I was able to catch the tiniest bit of his shirt between two of my fingers, which slowed him down enough for me to reach my other arm out and grab his neck and pull him back up. It startled him and he gave me his grumpy face for a few seconds. After a big mama hug, all was well.

I am certain that Elijah's guardian angel(s ?) was there helping me. Thank you, Angel! That was shaping up to be an ugly fall and I was grateful to have my boy safely in my arms. I held him a little bit extra tight for the rest of the night.

Aside from that, we are having a nice tame week. Elijah continues to say all kinds of words. This is so much fun! We have waited so long for this explosion and it has been worth the wait. I'm eating up every minute of it!

Dan and I are really excited about a class we will be attending, along with Elijah, for 10 weeks this fall/winter. It is offered through the Early Intervention Program (through the school district) that we have been a part of pretty much since Elijah was born. He has gotten some of his OT, PT and ST through this program. The class they are offering is called It Takes Two, and it will focus on how we as parents can encourage Elijah to communication well with us. I am also excited to meet other parents who have children who are experiencing similar delays as Elijah. I imagine this will be very refreshing for me.

6 comments:

Ehlan said...

How fun that Elijah is talking so much! It is so exciting when they learn new words. The class sounds great too; support from other parents is always the best!

mina said...

Love the oldie!

Tina:0) said...

Isn't it so much fun when you can finally understand what they're trying to tell you?!! I'm sure he's just gonna keep talking your ear off (LOL)!

That picture is still just as cute as it was the first time you posted it! Makes me feel so much better to know that other kids do this, too! :0)

Sounds like you guys are having a nice start to fall! Give Mr. Elijah big hugs from us!

Cecilia said...

Love the photo, he is seriously cute, just wanna give him a big kiss!!!

Unknown said...

Love the photo...

Unknown said...

Sounds to me like your guardian angel was there. :)

The class sounds exciting! Can't wait to hear more about it.