Saturday, January 23, 2010


One of Elijah's new things this week was saying "OK!" a lot, except it comes out, "Ohhhhhhh-kkkkkkkkkaaayy!" If he falls down or bumps his head, he will say, "I'm ohhhhhhh-kkkkkkayy!" The first time he did this Dan and I laughed so hard that he recreated the fall and said it again. :)

Our week was just ohhhhh-kkkkkaayy. I think the progesterone shots I've been getting to keep my contractions away have been making me extra tired. I have felt WIPED OUT. I hate it. I get home from work and all my body wants to do is lie down, while all I really want to do is play with my little boy. I don't like not having the energy to keep up with him. I usually force my body to do it, though, and once he is in bed I turn into a droopy-eyed pile of mush.

Wednesday was an interesting day. Dan had planned to bring Elijah to me at work at the end of the day, like usual, so I could bring him to PT/speech. Well, that never happened. Dan called to tell me that he had locked the two of them out of the house AND out of the car. I didn't like the idea of my boys standing out in the cold, so I grabbed my things and ran down to my car so I could get to them quickly. As I sprinted through the parking garage, I stepped out of both of my shoes, which made me fall pretty hard onto the pavement on my hands and knees. (My dad is going to cringe when he reads this, which will be followed by, "Where are your rubber-soled shoes, Megs??") My phone was in pieces underneath various cars around me and I had a nice gash in my hand. I made it home safely and let my boys inside. We didn't make it to PT/speech that night and I spent a lot of my time worrying that I had hurt the baby during my fall. It appears that the baby is fine. He continued to kick and punch, and even started hiccuping later that night!

One of the good parts of Wednesday was that we got to meet my cousin's very cute and very new little baby, Will. Dan, Elijah and I went to the hospital to visit them just a few hours after the birth and everyone was doing great. Elijah seemed curious about the little guy and gently touched his head, which I thought was really sweet. Then a nurse came into the room and Elijah suddenly thought we were springing something on him and freaked out. "MOMMYDADDYMOMMYDADDY!!!!!" Tears flowed and screaming took place, and we eventually had to leave to prove that nobody was there to hurt him. :(

Another good part of the week was that Elijah's sleeping improved by giant leaps and bounds. With the Cough practically gone during the nighttime, he was able to get SOLID sleep, which he desperately needed. Yay for that!

We have a really fun adventure planned for this morning. I'm excited and I think Elijah is going to have a blast. Hopefully I'll have time to take some pics and share later. Have a great weekend, everyone!


Cecilia said...

Remember to put on your rubber-soled shoes!

Have a fun filled weekend!

Lee Family said...

I am glad to hear you are ok. My gosh that was scary.
And Elijah is so cute, he made me laugh :)

jencooper said...

Glad that you are okay!!

I hope that you had a terrific adventure. I can't wait to hear all about it!!