Friday, May 16, 2008

Because Dan is jumping today and I'm not


I have almost no pictures of myself in freefall, but I have a lot of me under canopy. I'm in Eloy, AZ, in this pic. I had just gotten done doing a jump with the famous OMAR!


On cloud nine. Omar?! Really?


Dan is in the front, doing a 4-way (or 5- or 6-way?) jump out of the Beaver (airplane)


Dan in a sit


There's Skydive Twin Cities! Our small little cozy dropzone. Hey, you can even see our camper in this pic!


That's the balloon we jumped out of a few years ago. Best jump ever!


Right before jumping out of the balloon into the corn fields of IOWA!


Our entrance into the balloon basket was not a smooth one. See the drag marks we left in that field? Oops, sorry farmer!


Our failed raft dive! The raft we are sitting on was inflated in the plane. We were going to attempt to "ride" it down a few thousand feet, but it broke instantly upon exit.


Bill Rehm is in the middle and I'm on the right in an awkward looking stand.


Joel and Joe exiting the Cessna.


Exiting the Otter for my second tandem jump, way back in 2001!


Thinking: Aaaaahhhhh, I love this, how am I going to afford AFF?


After a good jump with Dan and Pinky!

9 comments:

Ehlan said...

you guys are crazy. :)

Dina said...

You are one brave woman. Yeah, I thought I wanted to skydive once...but then I had kids and became a neurotic hypochondriac.
Looks like fun though.

Dina

Samantha said...

You have not persuaded me to the joys of this quite yet...this looks terrifying!!! Yet, you look like you are having so much fun!!!!!!!!! Sorry that Dan is jumping again today and you are stuck at work :( When do you get to go????

Have a wonderful weekend with your boys!

Love ya!
Samantha

Anonymous said...

OK Megan...do you get nervous at ALL when you jump? Or is it something you actually get used to? I've always wondered if it's the samed kind of adrenaline rush each time?? Honestly, it makes me feel like I'm going to throw up by just watching you do it in pictures! (but then again...I freak out at the top of a ladder!! ;) ) You guys should have gotten married while skydiving! Maybe you can renew your vows that way!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Love,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I look forward to some jumps together this year and general hanging at the dz. With video preferably so we can show off how cool we are.
It's not the number of breaths, but the moments that take your breath away. Whether people find their thirll gardening or running, hiking or skydiving, it's important just to have thrills.
Amen for more of that!
Hugs,
Ellen

Tina:0) said...

You guys are NUTS!!! (LOL) The pics were great, but I don't think I could bring myself to voluntarily jump from a plane in mid flight! Hopefully you made a bargain with Dan that in return for him going jumping without you, you get a great suprise!!

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Nope. Not Me. Not gonna happen. Ever! You've got guts!

Ann(ie) said...

I love these so very much. I spent some time at drop zones in Orting and Snohomish (WA) when some friends would skydive (I was way too chickenshit) and this brings back some pretty cool memories. xo.

Unknown said...

You guys are CRAZY!!! I could never do that. What do you think when you are about to jump. I know I would be thinking...holy crap I'm going to die!! LOL Thanks for sharing the pics.