Friday, May 2, 2008

Napless in Minneapolis

I haven't had much of a chance to write an update this week. Sorry! I've been busy working from home and also trying to help out with Elijah when I can. I feel like we are in total maintenance mode right now. We are doing enough just to get by. I have a list of things that we need to do, that we are so far behind on, but we haven't had a chance to get to any of those things. I just told Dan that our #1 priority tomorrow is SLEEP so we can actually have the energy to get some of those other things done.

Elijah is still not napping well. He will usually only sleep for 20-30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon. This is not enough sleep, Little One! I think it's due to a couple of things: He's still experiencing some anxiety from the hospital and it's uncomfortable to be on his belly right now and that is how he sleeps best. I think as he heals, naps will continue to come easier.

Other than the napping issues, he is doing great! He has so much more spunk. I love it. THIS is what we've been waiting 14 months for! It is such an amazing change. Today I noticed so many new things he is doing that show how smart he is! I could just eat him up with a spoon.

We booked our tickets! Dan and I are going to Florida next weekend! Mike and Julie, we are SO EXCITED to be with you on the beach as you get married. Yes, I'm freaking out about leaving the chubby baby, but all will be well. He could not be in better hands than with my sister Lissa.

p.s. It's a good thing we will be in Florida next weekend. It helps to ease the pain of being HERE where it is storming right now and supposed to snow tomorrow when we could be in Maui! Yes, Elijah's health is plenty of consolation, but it's still hard not to think about.

p.p.s. I will take some pics of the chunky monkey and all of his smiles very soon, I promise!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Ahh...pics would be nice...thank you!

Florida...oh...I'm jealous...it's only my FAVORITE place!!! (hurricanes and all..i'll take it anyday!)

Glad you have such a sweet sister...little Elijah is going to get spoiled rotten!!! (as it should be!)

Hugs to you all,
Kathy

Tina:0) said...

Hopefully you're able to get some much needed rest tomorrow! Its so hard to function on so little sleep! Glad to hear that he's got so much energy! I can't wait to see the changes in Vaeh after her surgery! Thanks for checking in on us & for the prayers! You're absolutely right about prayers - and we'll take all we can get! Can't wait to see the pics of that handsome little man!

Heart Hugs
Tina:0)

Samantha said...

Can't wait for pictures! I am glad that you are getting a chance to get away and get some nice warm sunshine! You need a break...I am sure that by the time you get there all you will do is sleep.

I knew that he was going to grow and get so much more energy with his repair. Keep up the good work!

Now...Elijah...GO TO SLEEP!!! Let your mommy and daddy get some sleep...they deserve it!

Love ya!
Samantha

Ann(ie) said...

YAY YOU GUYS....I'm so glad you're getting away for some fun, sunshine and libations!!! You're lil man will be just fine in the good hands of your sis and you guys probably need to decompress in a bad way.

I know what you mean about the tummy sleeping. Ben loves that position, too.

Hang in there, love....the TO DO list will be there waiting for you, just do what you can. Although, I'm a bit OCD so I totally get the stress of that. xoxo.

Unknown said...

So I am finally able to check on my little heart babies...or not so little in Elijah's case. Wow...24 pounds!!! It's so nice to see a heart baby that big. I can't wait for Arianna to hit the 20 pound mark!

I would love a Team Elijah shirt if you still have some. I would love a medium if you have one but if not I'll take anything. Just let me know what I owe you.

I want you to know I feel for you about the nap situation. When Arianna was younger she used to do that to me and it drove me crazy. But, what are we to do. I hope you guys have a wonderful Florida trip. It's nice that you feel so comfortable leaving Elijah with your sister, she must be the best!

Well...I better get my speech ready for tomorrow. Take Care!

Vanessa

P.S. SO happy to hear the appointment with Dr. G went so well.

Unknown said...

So I am finally able to check on my little heart babies...or not so little in Elijah's case. Wow...24 pounds!!! It's so nice to see a heart baby that big. I can't wait for Arianna to hit the 20 pound mark!

I would love a Team Elijah shirt if you still have some. I would love a medium if you have one but if not I'll take anything. Just let me know what I owe you.

I want you to know I feel for you about the nap situation. When Arianna was younger she used to do that to me and it drove me crazy. But, what are we to do. I hope you guys have a wonderful Florida trip. It's nice that you feel so comfortable leaving Elijah with your sister, she must be the best!

Well...I better get my speech ready for tomorrow. Take Care!

Vanessa

P.S. SO happy to hear the appointment with Dr. G went so well.

jencooper said...

What is it with our kids?? Gracie still won't sleep either! Ugh. It is hard to operate on no sleep.

Elijah reminds me of G Lou. She feels so much better and has so much more energy!

I hope that you get some great rest over the weekend!!

<3,
Jen

Julie said...

YAY!!! We are so THRILLED that you will be able to make it to Florida!! Glad Elijah is so spunky! =)