Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Energized

Elijah has been doing very well these past few days. He has so much more energy than we have ever seen before. He used to get tired and cranky very quickly but now he is getting by on very little daytime sleep (UG for us!) and he hardly gets crabby at all. Once his incision and chest heal a bit more, I bet he will start trying to move around. You can see that he wants to, he just doesn't know how yet. The rash on his legs did turn out to be a yeast infection, and we got it under control in no time with our magic yeast infection cream.

I am working from home this week since everyone in the office is in MAUI (boohoo, we would have been at the airport right at this very moment to go there, so I'm shedding a tear for that) and since Elijah is still having some anxiety issues. Next weekend Dan and I are planning to head down to Florida for one night for our friends' wedding and I am a little stressed thinking about leaving Elijah. I know he will be in good hands with my sister and her family, but I just worry because I'm the mommy and that's what I do. We haven't booked the tickets yet and I keep telling Dan that we should get that done before I change my mind!

That's about all for now. Elijah gets his last RSV shot today (finally) so I'm sure he's going to love that. It will be good to have him covered through May.

11 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Yuck for the shot, but at least its the last one! We skipped Vaeh's last because she always gets a little congested & with surgery coming up... That will be so nice for the two of you to get away to warmer temps! But boohoo on no Hawaii:( Glad to hear that he's doing so well. Look out for when he starts movin' & groovin'! Hope y'all have a good day!

Tina:0)

Samantha said...

Glad that he is getting that shot...it is so important! Especially since that weather up there can't decide to warm up!

Sorry that you had to miss the trip to HI...I know that while you are missing the warm beaches, you are basking in the delight of a "fixed" hearted, beautiful boy! Who, by the way, is about to turn your lives upside down with mischief!!! Once that kiddo gets mobile, it is all over! He will terrorize your house...just wait and see...you have seen the pictures that I post of the kids and my house...total disaster area!!!

I am glad that you get to work from home this week...that sure does help ease your feelings of not wanting to leave your precious boy...perfect timing!

Lots of love!
Samantha

jencooper said...

Oh the energy! I totally think that is why Gracie won't sleep either. It was amazing how more energy she had after her surgery. It is like they finally feel good!

Sorry about your trip to Hawaii. That stinks but I know that you will make up for by munching on that cutie pie of yours. He is pretty adorable!

Enjoy your time at home.

<3,
Jen

Anonymous said...

He is looking so good! Yay for the last RSV shot. My husband actually knows the man who invented the shot and has talked with him - rather neat actually.

Enjoy your time in Florida with your honey - a little break, though a bit anxious for you, will be nice after all the major stresses.

Anonymous said...

Yea Elijah! You must just love watching him be on the go! Maybe when he starts getting more mobile he'll get tired from moving around and start napping again! (Hopefully??)

Sorry about missing the Hawaii trip, but the happiness in your posts now makes me think it was worth it for you!!! Hey, you could always just look at the palm trees when you're in Florida next weekend and pretend it's Maui!!!

Love,

Cindy

mina said...

Elijah looks great! I LOVED the video, it wasn't long, it was TOO SHORT!! I hope he gets back to napping again, the energy is great, but I know how it can wear you out. Hopefully the RSV shot won't be too traumatic!

Krista said...

Hey friends...so glad that Elijah is doing so well! It just amazes me...he must just feel so much better! Your movies are adorable...I love the drum.

Sorry about Maui...but obviously...Elijah's health must take away a little of the sting...maybe just a little!

If you get stuck with extra XL shirts...I'd love one...but no big deal if not!

Have a great week...hope you get some work done...and dont' keep sneaking out for smooches...from both your boys!

Sarah said...

Elijah, you are doing just awesome! I know that your Mama is going to be posting soon about all the things you are getting into! LOL!

Colin's Blog said...

So glad to hear that Elijah is doing so well! I understand about leaving him-Tim and I are talking about taking a trip in July and right now I just can't commit to going anywhere!!

Kathy said...

WOW...a MORE energized Elijah...can't wait to see more videos!!!
Sorry about Hawaii....but, you'll get there one day...and maybe E will go with you (I can just picture him a little older...and trying to surf!)

At least it's the last RSV shot...we just had ours...Yippie!!!

So...you'll have to tell me when you're coming out in July...everyone's headed this way at the same time!!!
Gosh...I can't wait!

Tracy said...

Glad to hear Elijah is doing well :).