Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Porta Sickies

We are all sick here. Well Dan is only semi-sick. Elijah and I are nice and sick and feeling yucky. DayQuil has been saving me during the day. I'm SUPER busy at work right now. I'm basically trying to do four weeks worth of work in like seven days since I'm going to be gone for the last half of the month for Elijah's surgery. Fun! So that hasn't been helping my health, mentally or physically. And our Elijah is a sick sick boy. :( It makes me teary even thinking about it. He has a cold or the flu, we're not sure which. He keeps throwing up, but we're not sure if that is from the extra saliva (his tummy has always been sensitive to that) or if it's something more. He had his highest temp yet tonight, which I don't like at all.

His health is definitely declining. And I don't think the cold/flu is responsible for all of it. His heart is failing. At one point today, he was sitting next to me and he just put his hands down on my lap and collapsed on me. He has never done that before. He is conserving his energy as much as possible right now. When I lay him on his back on the floor, he won't even attempt to roll over. It is just too much for him. His heart is working really hard and he's exhausted.

As the mama, I just know that things are off. I worry that surgery is scheduled too far out, but he is sick, so at the same time it's not far out enough. I'm worried and scared and wondering how he is going to fare for the next 12 days before surgery.

I feel LOST without Dr. Gremmels in town. If it had been him who called me yesterday instead of Dr. Wright, I think I'd feel a thousand times better right now. Dr. G is just the best doctor on the planet and we don't like the feeling of not having him right here for us during our very stressful time.

Ok, we're going to sleep! Thanks for checking in on us. xoxoxoxo

11 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

ug. Has this been a year for the crud or what????? I'm so sick of it. I have an ear infection, Ben's sick and Matt stayed home today to take care of us. STAY well, love and take care of that precious munchkin of yours. Thinking of you guys!!

Samantha said...

Big Hugs. That is all I can do. I hope that you all start to feel better really soon. Eli is strong...you and Dan are strong...just get through these 12 days.

I am sending you guys something tomorrow...I am sure it will be UPS, so be on the lookout.

I know how you feel about wanting to talk to your own doctor...he is who knows Eli the best.

I am thinking of you guys all the time and saying lots and lots and lots of prayers for you all.

Lots of love,
Samantha

jencooper said...

Lots and lots and lots and tons of prayers for you and Eli and Dan. I know that he is so strong and he has such strong parents. Hang in there!

You are doing great Megan.

<3,
Jen

Dina said...

Your post just made me really sad - sad for you, sad for Elijah, just sad for all of these little guys and for the parents. It's hard to be so worried and not know what to do.
I hope the morning brings a healthier day for all of you.
Dina

Sarah said...

Okay... xoxoxo to you guys too! Megan... your sweet boy laying over on you... well I'm just in tears thinking of precious Eli and how bad he feels. Please keep us updated and I'm sending up prayers.

Anonymous said...

Greetings Luvs,
You guys are going to bounce back in the next 12 days so just get the rest you need and enjoy some spring sunshine this weekend. Your bodies are working hard right now and doing unseen, important jobs.
I will pray in the coming weeks that you regain your strength physically and mentally to be in better shape for the challange ahead.
hugs from the ParkLunds
Ellen

Kathy said...

Megan,
I was up all night thinking about you guys. BUT...I don't want to call and bother you. But..if Eli's still having a bad day...call your card and see if they'll let you get some O2 for him. (not only because those low sats freak me out)...but, it won't boost him up alot (because of the heart)...but, even up by 5-10 points makes a difference for Isaac. It helps him to stop throwing up and he has a little more energy. (just a thought).
It breaks my heart that he is so sick right now...and not his normal happy self.
PLEASE keep us updated...or, I'll be forced to CALL YOU REPEATEDLY!
LOVE to you guys,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys and praying you all start to feel better!! Hang in there!!!!

~Cindy

Unknown said...

I totall agree with Kathy...cal your cards and as for some O2. My heart just breaks when I read your post. You are an incredible mother and friend. I will be praying that Elijah will get over this nasty bug, as well as you and Dan. This is the last thing Elijah needs right now.

Heart Hugs,
Vanessa

ThePicks said...

Hey Porta Clan,

Sorry to hear the sickness is hanging around. Hope everyone gets feeling better really soon. I'm sure Eli wants to be done with the illness so he can get back to important things like engaging in another exciting veggie tales adventure.

LOL,
-the RA

Unknown said...

Megan, Dan, and Elijah--I hope you all get better soon. I agree with you going to see the cardiologist (even if it's not Dr. G) to get a checkup and some O2. Sending prayers your way...