Monday, April 28, 2008

Spunk

Since Grant spent so much time and effort helping us out with the Heart Walk t-shirts, I wanted to show you all pictures of his design! The images are a bit fuzzy because I couldn't get my zoom to work in this lighting (I don't like our camera AT ALL).


Front design (small in upper right)


Back design (big)

Aren't they awesome? Now PLEASE, we don't want Grant's hard work to go to waste, so tell me if you want one. I don't have any smalls, but have mediums, larges, a couple extra larges and one size 4T. I am just going to start randomly sending them to everyone I know soon.

The other thing I wanted to write about is Elijah's newfound spunk! It is so wonderful to see him already blossoming and doing things that he couldn't or didn't want to do before surgery. He has never been able to hold his own bottle but suddenly now he can. He never used to say "Mama" discriminately but he is finally starting to. I love it! Tonight when we were done reading books before bed, I said the same thing I say every night: "All done with story time. Time to go to sleep." He did the sign for "all done" and then let out a big whiny, "Mama!" So cute! He is overall much happier and his personality is so spunky and cute. He just seems to understand more and express himself better. It is an amazing change and I'm sure it will just continue to get even better. He hasn't shown much of a desire to move around yet, but we'll give him some time for that. The one thing he has regressed on is his napping. He will not nap! He's reverting back to a year ago when he would nap for 20 minutes and then be wide awake. That was one of the longest, most stressful 3-month periods I've ever been through. Let's hope he re-learns how to nap very soon. At least he is sleeping well through the night. Thank God for that.

Before surgery, he never would have had the energy to do this (It's kind of long because I couldn't decide what to cut out....it was all too cute! The last part of the video is the cutest, so watch it all.):

12 comments:

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

If you still have them, I'd love to have a large in honor of little Elijah to help spread the word. I have a 9 year old with an autoimmune heart disease that typically is curable, but my son has had 3 relapses (most recently 3 weeks ago). I've been following your story on your site through Kate's (she's from my hometown). Email me at rmlyonsfamily@windstream.net if you do and I'll get you my personal address.

jencooper said...

Send me a shirt if you still have them!! I will take a medium....and Bennett would love the 4T. Let me know how much I owe you. Woohoo!!

<3,
Jennifer

Samantha said...

I will take one too...if there are still some left...any size will do...they are so nice!!! Tell me how much!

Love,
samantha

Kathy said...

YES>..send me one too...any size..any price...
they look AWESOME!!!
I love E's video...you better prepare your ears for a big drum set in your house in a few years!!!
Hope the sun warms up out there soon!
Love to you all,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Cute little drummer boy! It's so awesome to see him active and smiling.

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear and SEE the great improvement Elijah's higher O2 saturation has made.
I remember how much of a developmental spurt Sophia had after her last surgery when her sats went from mid 60's to high 80's. I think they must feel like new kids with that kind of boost.
I am sure Elijah's is really going to take off developmentally now. Thanks so much for sharing. This made my night.

Jayne said...

Hi :-)
I just 'popped in' from Nanettes blog (wanna-b-slimmer). I wish you, your hubby & your beautiful baby Elijah continued strength. Elijah has done so very well bless him & his smile is pricelss :-)

With love & best wishes from the UAE.
Jayne

Tina:0) said...

He looks like he's having the time of his life beating on that drum. Boy, once he starts crawling around watch out - I'm sure posts & pans make much more noise than his drum! I'm hoping for the same kind of results with Vaeh's surgery. I've heard more than once that once that hole is closed they take off!
If it make you feel any better, it was in the 30's here last night, so we're feeling your cold air a little too! Hopefully a more permanent warming trend coming soon!

Tina:0)

Ehlan said...

What a precious little man! So glad to hear he is doing so wonderfully! And I love the Tshirt design!! Those are ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

Totally cute! Looks like he'd play the drum all day if you'd let him! he's so precise with it...not just hitting it all over the place!

I would love a Team Elijah shirt, too! XL if you have it or a L. Please tell me how much to send you!

Hope this whole nap thing gets under control. He needs at least a little break from all this newfound energy!!!

Love,

Cindy

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hey there... Just hoping all is well.. it is Wednesday night here and you havent blogged for a while... getting worried!!!

Anonymous said...

We were grinning from ear to ear as we watched Elijah's drum video. He looks fantastic! We can see such a difference between this video and the beanbag video -- I can only imagine how it must be to see his improvement in person.

I hope his rash is doing better.

Thinking of you and wishing Elijah steady, continued progress.

Amy, Mitch & Wilson