Friday, April 25, 2008

Heart Walk!

I want to write out some information about the Heart Walk tomorrow. For more detailed info, you can follow this link. The walk begins at 10:00 am, but try to be there a little bit early. A survivor photo is being taken at 9:30, so Dan, Elijah and I will be there by then. It looks the weather is going to be crappy, so I'm not sure if we'll keep Elijah there for the whole thing, so if you want to see him and give him a smooch, come early! Wear a red shirt because I'm not sure we're going to have enough Elijah t-shirts for everyone (sorry! that's my fault for waiting so long.). THANK YOU Pam and Grant for taking care of the t-shirts for us. This means SO MUCH, you have no idea!

So far, Team Elijah has raised over $1,600!!!!! That is awesome! I'm going to ask that ALL of that goes toward CHD research. All of our team captains, you did a wonderful job! Our team captain who raised the most money was Debbie Schnieder, our cute British skydiver friend who we love dearly and who is the cutest, sweetest girl I know. :)

I haven't had my heart in this walk for the past few weeks because of worry/stress/hospital time, so I feel like I have dropped the ball and not kept everyone as informed as I should have and not thanked everyone enough for all of their help and effort. I'm sorry for that, and THANK YOU! We are so excited to celebrate our baby's life in this way and all of the support is overwhelming and so much appreciated. Elijah is a loved little miracle man. If you have any questions about the walk, please feel free to call me: 952-484-4921. We hope to see lots of people there!

In other news, I ended up not going into work today (arg, another vacation day lost!) because it just feels too soon. Elijah is afraid of everything and is still pretty emotionally beat up from his hospital stay. We cannot walk a foot away from him without screams. Every time I put him into bed, he screams horribly and that tells me he's very afraid. It is really tough caring for a LARGE baby who isn't mobile and who we have to "scoop" like a tiny infant and who won't let us leave for a second because he's scared. It's a lot of work! It's worth it, though. I really can't complain. We have our baby and he is doing so well!

I made Dan leave the house tonight and go hang out with a friend. I'm going to sit my butt in the LoveSac and veg out. We are looking forward to seeing a lot of you tomorrow!

And one last thing. PLEASE check out this post and consider contributing books to Kate's Kart. This is such a wonderful organization that my heart mama friend has started. I'm so proud of her! Let's send her LOTS and lots of books!

4 comments:

Tina:0) said...

What a great thing your walk is! I'd love to do something like that here in Ohio, but the big "walk" is the Relay for Life for cancer research. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad so you can enjoy some time out! I wish we were closer so that we could come out & support you all! Know that I'm with you in spirit! Hopefully the anxiety begins to subside. Its hard enough leaving your kids when they don't mind, let alone when they are upset! Hope you have a good weekend & enjoy yourselves! Take care!

Heart Hugs!
Tina:0)

Anonymous said...

Paul and I will see you in the morning! And if you feel like you could both use a break anytime let me know. I can always come while he is sleeping, as that may cut down on the seperation trauma/angst! Have a great night, you are an amazaing mom!
Ann Marie

Samantha said...

My dear, dear friend Megan...this sentence is not okay..."so I feel like I have dropped the ball and not kept everyone as informed as I should have..."

HELLO my friend...your child that you are doing the walk for was very, very sick...no one blames you for not keeping them more updated...you did a fantastic job!!! (ps...that was not meant to sound mean or rude...just wanted you to know that you "should never" use the word "should"). Congrats on all the money raised...what amazing efforts from Team Elijah!!! I hope that the weather holds up for you all tomorrow.

I am glad that you did not go back to work today...you needed to be with that adorable little boy...he is just one of the most precious little things I have ever seen!!!

One more thing...you can complain a bit...your baby was traumatized, as were you and Dan, and it is such a blessing that Dr. Moga was able to work another miracle and help your little man get all fixed up.

Okay...I am writing too much and Noah is yelling at me...but DO NOT BEAT yourself up...you silly girl!!!!

Lots and lots of love!!!!
Samantha

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I wish I could be there and walk with you all and be able to give Eli a big cuddle....
He will get over his trauma and give you some space soon... it will take time and a lot of reassurance!
Time out is sooooooo important...
Take care and stay safe..all of you!